Cooked a little brisket

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
A 9 pound Choice Angus packer from Sam's. I didn't post it last night because I was tired and made myself go to bed.

Seasoned with this stuff.
r_IMG_0672.jpg

This is how I get packers to fit in my 18" WSM. Fat cap out and point side down. Yeah, that's a kabob skewer.
r_IMG_0673.jpg

Put it in the WSM @ 275*.
r_IMG_0675.jpg

Here's some finished pics. First the point side...
r_IMG_0711.jpg

Flat side...
r_IMG_0712.jpg

...and a view of it sitting on it's side. This one was so flexible that while it cooked it folded clean in half. That rarely happens. In fact, they normally spread apart a bit and is why I use the skewer to keep it from completely unfolding while cooking.
r_IMG_0715.jpg

I gently unfolded it and sat it on the cutting board.
r_IMG_0717.jpg

Gratuitous bark shot.
r_IMG_0718.jpg

Sliced the point off of the flat...
r_IMG_0723.jpg

...and just scraped the knife across the grain on each piece to scrape off the excess fat.
r_IMG_0725.jpg

Sliced the flat...
r_IMG_0728.jpg

...and sliced the point too.
r_IMG_0730.jpg

Gratuitous point meat shot.
r_IMG_0732.jpg

Scraped up the ends that fell off. These are the cookers treat.
r_IMG_0734.jpg

Flat and point slices were laid in a half size pan for serving.
r_IMG_0737.jpg

That's all the pics I have for all that. I pulled the point leftovers and pulled apart the rest of the flat as well and bagged up the leftovers for some pulled beef for something or other.

Ya know, folding a flat like that has crossed my mind but I never tried it. Thanks for sharing.

That really turned out great from the looks of it. My next flat is gonna be folded.

I might just give this a try on Sunday. I gotta make a run for meat in the morning so I'll see what I come up with. I need a butt and a brisket...

I like the folding thing that looks really cool! I know it is done to fit in your cooker but it looks like it turned out great!!!! I'm gonna fire up the RF tomorrow and smoke sat into sunday

I'm more of a "tucker" than a "folder" on a 18.5", but that looks interesting. Brisket itself is absolute perfection! I am bowing in your direction good Sir! :clap:

As I was looking at the 3rd picture, I had a thought. This may sound totally screwy, but has anyone tried skewering like that and smoking it on its side, so you could do 2 packers on one grate? Just a wild thought.

As I was looking at the 3rd picture, I had a thought. This may sound totally screwy, but has anyone tried skewering like that and smoking it on its side, so you could do 2 packers on one grate? Just a wild thought.
I am sitting here with a stunned blank stare on my face.

Brilliant. Seriously.Farking.Brilliant.

Looks damn good! :clap2: I see you didn't feel like waiting around for burnt ends. :hungry: I usually wanna just eat the point right then & there, but last weekend I was good & patient and did the couple extra hours - but, of course, the pan got lighter & lighter as time progressed. ::becky:

Looks delicious. I've been getting the itch for a brisket recently. This is motivation for me. Good thing I have 22.5", no folding for me :wink:

Back