80-20 Sliders on my "DWFisk" Griddle - MEGA PRON!!

kcmike

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I've posted a cook thread, and probably longer since I bought a custom griddle from Dave "DWFisk" for my 26.5" Weber kettle. It's been setting idly by all winter patiently waiting for its debut. Well, the wait is over...

I'm finalizing the blend of a new prototype rub that we will be coming out with soon, and thought it would be a great time to test it out on some beef sliders along with Dave's custom griddle. So, here's how it went...

First, I made some "slider sauce", which consisted of:
  • 1 CUP Ketchup
  • 1/2 CUP Real Mayo
  • 2 Tbsp Habanero Death Dust

Oakridge_BBQ_80-20_Sliders_001.jpg

Oakridge_BBQ_80-20_Sliders_002.jpg

Then, I sliced up some Vidalia onions very thin and made golf ball-sized balls of 80/20 ground beef, seasoned with our new prototype rub. :icon_shy :tape:

Oakridge_BBQ_80-20_Sliders_003.jpg

Oakridge_BBQ_80-20_Sliders_004.jpg

Next, I lit about 3/4 chimney of Kingsford and spread them evenly under the DWFisk griddle. Within a few minutes, the griddle was reading 350-400º across the surface, so it was time to start making sliders.

The process is easy: smash them out on the griddle, and put a layer of super-thin onions on top...

Oakridge_BBQ_80-20_Sliders_007.jpg

Oakridge_BBQ_80-20_Sliders_009.jpg

Oakridge_BBQ_80-20_Sliders_012.jpg

Oakridge_BBQ_80-20_Sliders_013.jpg

Now for the flip and some cheese....

Oakridge_BBQ_80-20_Sliders_014.jpg

Oakridge_BBQ_80-20_Sliders_015.jpg

Oakridge_BBQ_80-20_Sliders_018.jpg

Top with a bun lid while the bottom bun is toasting next door...

Oakridge_BBQ_80-20_Sliders_017.jpg

Oakridge_BBQ_80-20_Sliders_020.jpg

Then, start building the finished burger...

Oakridge_BBQ_80-20_Sliders_021.jpg

Oakridge_BBQ_80-20_Sliders_022.jpg

Top with some "slider sauce" and then the money shot....

Oakridge_BBQ_80-20_Sliders_027.jpg

These were SOOO GOOD. :becky: :becky: :thumb: :thumb:

Last edited:
Great looking sliders! I just recently acquired the Arteflame accessory for my 26 (also a big griddle) and I have yet to use it. This thread may force me to rectify that situation as those are some darn nice looking sliders.

You got my mouth watering....and I just ate nearly a full racks of baby backs.

I need to try that sauce! So simple yet it looks so good.

Looks great. Can't wait to try the new rub. May have to talk to Dave about one of those griddles for my 22!

Holy Cow Mike! :shocked: What I call Pron. :clap2:

Awsome & what a great idea for the slider sauce. I'm gonna be using that for sure:thumb:

Dayum, Mike!

Both the grub and that kit from Dave in FL looks great!

Really curious about the prototype rub on the sliders...

Those look great, the sauce sounds worth trying as well.

WOW. They look awesome.

I have a CI griddle for my 22 kettle.

Gonna have to try some sliders.

Wow you knocked that cook out the park. The sauce looks really good. I'm going to make some of that.

Incredible job Mike!!! Thanks for the suggestion on the slider sauce. Love the habenero death dust and will use it with ketchup and mayo as they are two of my favs. Can't wait to try it. Also, when will the new rub be out?!? Can't wait to try it. Man, between you and Jeanie's cooks I am in awe!

Back