Nothing like BBQ'ing while at work....

Captain Caveman

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Anyone else gettin their smoke on today?
I started the smoker at 5:30 this morning.

keep in mind I only live 5 minutes from work :biggrin: .
I have my dear wife e-mail me every hour the temps.
soon to add 4 chickens, and 12 thighs.

Attachments

• IMG_1350.jpg
    IMG_1350.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1351.jpg
    IMG_1351.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_1352.jpg
    IMG_1352.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 180
Lookin' good.
Unfortunately I live to far away to cook at home thru the day. I may bring my ECB in and do some ribs for lunch one day:biggrin:

I work at home

and just put on 100 pork steaks and 12 half chickens. About 4:00pm I'll take that off and put on 20 butts and 24 briskets.

I work at HOME!!! So, I can SMOKE any time I want.
Ah, life is good to me.
But, I don't start drinking until 5:00. Well, sometimes 4:30.
Uh, maybe once in a while at 4:00. On a Saturday at 3:00.
If I start any sooner than 3:00, I can't get the meat off the smoker!!!
I fall down, go boom!!!!
PARTY!!!!!!!!
Smoke On!!!!!

That looks great.

I'm going to rest. depot right after work to get a few birskets and butts.

Can't wait to get out of work today!!!!

Sweet. I cook all the time at work. But then again I am a firefighter and we are there for 24 hour shifts. Thinking about taking my WSM in some time and doing the boys up some ribs.

Attachments

• Norfolk 007.jpg
    Norfolk 007.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 162
That's using technology, Cap'n C!

Bill, you'd have the boys owing you some big favors. What's holding you back? :)

I am celebrating 69 today, so I stayed home. Just took the butt off, the ribs have a little way to go. That 30 yr old drum did it again! Mine is cut in 1/2 to use as a charcoal grill. I use wood and it works great.
POP

I like that stand. With the therms all in there, it looks like Cape Canaveral on liftoff day!

Q'ing via phone...NICE!!!

All one needs now is the high dollar stoker, control your pit temps and automatically know the food temps from a computer at work. I guess, with that, one could shut down your smoker when the food hit near the temps trying to achieved and an insulated smoker would even allow one to use it as a holder for a few hours.

Forget the programmable crockpot...

All one needs now is the high dollar stoker, control your pit temps and automatically know the food temps from a computer at work. I guess, with that, one could shut down your smoker when the food hit near the temps trying to achieved and an insulated smoker would even allow one to use it as a holder for a few hours.

Forget the programmable crockpot...

I have my wife updating me via e-mail and phone.....(redneck stoker mod):biggrin: :biggrin:

Bill the Grill...

Sweet. I cook all the time at work. But then again I am a firefighter and we are there for 24 hour shifts. Thinking about taking my WSM in some time and doing the boys up some ribs.

Whats the cat litter for? Bait? I'm keeping mine far away!

Last edited:
Bill

Is the WSM sitting on a commercially produced stand of some sort (another use maybe)? and where do I get one!!

I was bored one day and decided to get the welder out and built a table for the WSM. I have a bunch of "dumpster diving metal". My back needs things to be a little taller than designed. I am thinking about making a double table sence I have two now:lol: . If you would like, I can send you the demensions.

I was thinking about selling them. Who knows, maybe I can give up the firefighting.:wink:

Back