Out door sink/prep table.

superdan

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm thinking about getting a fish cleaning table with a roughly 24"x20" sink and a 36"x20" prep area to put out in my bbq zone. They're stainless and have a faucet. Anyone else done this? The place that makes them does customizations (not that there's much to change) but any advice or input would be great!!!
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I have a 2' x 6' piece of granite left over from our kitchen remodel & want to build something like an outdoor prep table.... I was thinking Hot Water is a must & stainless sink as you have, but not sure how to go about it & wanted the table to be on wheels & portable.... So still thinking.... Just my thoughts, keep us posted.

Far as hot water goes, I was thinking an instant hot water heater. I am putting the table right next to a hose bib but no hot water line. The only rub with the instant hot water heater is they are not supposed to be outside so I'll have to put it in a protective box. But for now, I will be more than happy with cold water alone.

I really think the fish cleaning station is the way to go for outdoor use. All stainless, all the time :wink:

The only problem that I see with a fish cleaning/ BBQ prep station is after cleaning fish and no matter how good I try to clean that area there are always scales leftover. I guess you can always keep it mind while you cleaning that you will be prepping Que on it later.

I didn't want the expense of a second water heater so I just had a 1/2" pex line run from the house water supply. It might take longer to get warm but it works for me.

The sink idea is a good one but restaurant sinks work just as well. I found mine on Craigs list for less than $100.

loot3.jpg

Back