Tastiest fatty suggestions??????

firecracker jack

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Ok so between working all the time, and being lazy when I do get home....I managed to get a little surface rust in the diamond plate series 60. So with a little hard work I removed it and I need to reseason her....Wanted to do a couple of fatties for the guys at work....Any suggestions on your favorites?????

Firecracker jack

Check out the throwdowns area, there was just one for fatties a couple week's ago with lots of good ideas.

There are too many to list. I would recommend doing a regular fatty first, one with jsut a simple rub on it. They are amazingly good!:cool: Along with that, you have to wrap one with bacon. A Bacon Weave is the best way, but as long as you get bacon around it that's all that matters. For filling on that one, why not just do the Bacon Explosion? A fatty filled with crumbled precooked bacon and cheese, then after it is rolled up the fatty itself is wrapped in bacon. They are amazing!:thumb:

Do a naked fatty so they can experience pure fatty goodness :) Then, do a Fatty Ronello...

1. Roll out your raw fatty (using a gallon zip bag to get a rectangle is the easiest.
2. Add a layer of poblano pepper slices
3. Next add a layer of fresh chorizo
4. Then in the middle put a block of either pepper jack or habanero jack cheese
5. Roll and seal well
6. Cook, slice and enjoy!

IMAGE_00029.jpg

Thanks for the input.....That sounds great Ron.....Was also just over in the throwdown threads checking that out....They all sound pretty dang tastey!!!!!Thanks again!!!!!:clap2:

firecrackerjack

First fatty I ever had.
Breakfast at Libertyville comp on biscuits cooked in the pit.
Out.Farking.Standing.

If the chorizo is spicy and you use a good hab-jack cheese it can be an eye-opener! :becky:

I haven't made one in months, so i think i need to take some of these suggestions too.

mexican omellette fatty

roll out in ziploc as stated above & fill w/ cooked pinto or spread refried beans,drained rotel tomatoes & chiles,soft scrambled egg,& shredded sharp cheddar cheese.

bacon wrap on outside.

when it's cooled for slicing throw it all in a warm tortilla.:thumb:

Sometimes simple is the best. My friend and your Brother Scott (kcquer) loved simple things. His favorite was a sliced fatty on a biscuit with a V-8. :cool:

hard to beat a naked fatty, but I do like 'em with cheese inside, too. Of course, Ron's sounds great.

Can't go wrong with Jalapenos stuffed w/ Pepper jack and rolled up in the Fatty.

I make one for a couple of guys on our team who are 1st generation Greeks

Roll out 1 pound of sausage and fill with 1/4-1/2 cup Fetta Cheese, 1/4 cup shredded Mozerella, 1 sauted red bell pepper, chopped, 1/4 cup Greek Calmetta olives, chopped, and 1/4 cup drained chopped spinich. Roll it back into a tube and your all set!

Can't go wrong with Jalapenos stuffed w/ Pepper jack and rolled up in the Fatty.

Now you're talking. Love the cheese on or inside a fatty.:cool: That's the mod I am going to use next time I do a fatty. And as for the V-8, bring on the ice cold spicy stuff.:thumb:

RonL made a few with blueberry pancake that were pretty darn good at Eggwegofelst last year, but I can't remember what he called 'em

Blueberry pancake fatty? :-D

Actually i called it a Blanket in a Pig (inside out Pigs in a Blanket) :-D There is a picture in the fatty throwdown thread.

Do a naked fatty so they can experience pure fatty goodness :) Then, do a Fatty Ronello...

1. Roll out your raw fatty (using a gallon zip bag to get a rectangle is the easiest.
2. Add a layer of poblano pepper slices
3. Next add a layer of fresh chorizo
4. Then in the middle put a block of either pepper jack or habanero jack cheese
5. Roll and seal well
6. Cook, slice and enjoy!

IMAGE_00029.jpg

Hey RonL, thanks for your suggestion....Sorry I couldn't respond earlier but had doctor appointments today.....Just got finished snack'n on on that plablano-chorizo fatty.....and DAAYYYMMMM it was GOOD!!!!!....Made one stuffed with pecan pie for desert.....Right fine eats man!!!!!! The diamond plate pit is still in her seasoning burn and doin fine....Thanks for all the input from everybody:thumb:

firecracker jack

Fantastic!:cool: Glad to hear you liked our fatties!:thumb: I'm also thrilled that someone else has now had the chance to experience the Pecan Pig!

Fantastic!:cool: Glad to hear you liked our fatties!:thumb: I'm also thrilled that someone else has now had the chance to experience the Pecan Pig!

Hey bigabyte,......let me mention how much the wife truly enjoyed the pecan pig.......as for me.....I brought the left overs to work and I am still enjoying it.....going to go heat some right now!!!:becky:

firecrackerjack

Back