Finishing a pork butt in the crock?

kitts21

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
This seems like a easy answer, and I'm sure I already know the answer. But I'm asking it anyways. If I smoke a pork butt for 4-5 hrs on the UDS to get a nice bark and some good smoke flavor. Can I finish it up in a crock pot? I need to take some food in to work tonight and was thinking of doing this. I am pressed for time though so I figured I could start it at home, and finish it at work. Thoughts?

I haven't tried this, but it would work. It will be different than cooking in the smoker the whole time, but having a few hours in the smoke will make it much better than cooking it in the crock pot the whole time :-D

I would finish it in the oven, pull it out and rest it in the crock pot and just pull right in the crock pot and carry it in that.

If you go hot n fast you should be able to cook all the way through. Then take to work holding in the crock pot.

Yes it should work but I would do a hot and fast and double wrap and putt it in a cooler . I did six Thur night for Veterns Day after 10 hours was over 160 degree was in an Xtreme colman cooler

Back