Blackstone Oil Drain

Woody Butthrie

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I was having trouble with the oil draining out of the grease drain. It would catch on the little nub they put at the hole then follow the leg on down to the ground. A guy at work was having the same issue and here's what we came up with.

Paperclip

20151029_173808_zpse1oeryxs.jpg

Insert

20151029_173855_zpsmeivfrgu.jpg

20151029_173917_zpsu45h4vtg.jpg

There is a video showing water following the paper clip but I can't seem to post it.

I saw another person used a little high heat JB weld to build a better "nipple" that points to the cup and seems to work great as well. Your fix also looks great.

Yeah buddy, good thinking! That grease drain sucks. Was going to get a little piece of metal welded on mine to direct the oil but not anymore. Thanks for the trick!

I just used a piece of aluminum tape with stickie backing and folded half of the tape into a V. Makes a good good track for the grease to follow.

Good job!

Being an electrician I have quite a bit of wire on hand so I made more or less the same thing after my first cook. Boy, I wish I would have paid more attention BEFORE my first cook.......which was a LOT OF BACON.:laugh::laugh:

Back