I got a new toy (26" plow disc)

moocow

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have been wanting one of these for several years now after seeing a thread about one. I got the 26" 1/4" thick disc with a 5" concave. Got the handles and hole welded up and gave it a good seasoning. Total cost was $63 delivered, I thought that was pretty reasonable considering it weighs 40 pounds. It will get its first cook this weekend at the midwest bash.(Brisket fajitas) For you guys that have them what other cool things do you cook in them?

Attachments

• raw disc.jpg
    raw disc.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 601
  • seasoned disc.jpg
    seasoned disc.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 598
I have been wanting one of these for several years now after seeing a thread about one. I got the 26" 1/4" thick disc with a 5" concave. Got the handles and hole welded up and gave it a good seasoning. Total cost was $63 delivered, I thought that was pretty reasonable considering it weighs 40 pounds. It will get its first cook this weekend at the midwest bash.(Brisket fajitas) For you guys that have them what other cool things do you cook in them?

:Cry: I want one!!!!!

I got a bunch of them out in the yard, their a little rusty and need to be taken off the disk still

My wife many years ago got an electric wok. Dang thin is so hard to clean and can submerge in water. Everytime I look for one she reminds me we do need one. Hmm now if I accidentally submerged in water it might break. Thanks for the idear! Honey stir fry tomorrow and I will cook!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a friend in Lubbock making me one. If anyone is interested in one PM me and I will forward you their name and number. Not sure about pricing as he has not given me a price yet. He does quality work and the work he has done has been very reasonably priced.

I made one several years ago, they work great ,very easy to make.

My employees use one ALL the time.They welded up the hole and put 3 legs on it.They use over an open fire.I have tasted many YUMMEE treats that were cooked on it.:thumb:

So I understand they are called discadas and one of the great things is that you can cook meat in the middle and heat the tortillas on the edges. That sounds really cool.

pm me where and how to get one. I would order one friday if I had the info. thanks for sharing,,,I would love one of those:-D

I use mine to cook fried chicken, pork chops and potatoes in lard over an open fire YUMMY!!!!!!!
The mexicans here use them all the time, that is where I learned to use it from.

I got it from agri supply, found the link on another post. Discs are on the left side of the page about half way down. Have all sizes some of the smaller ones are pretty cheap.

Very good price for that. Fajitas will work nicely as a first cook. Treat it like you would cast iron cookware. HIGH heat, oil, and cure it. I wrote an article about this kind of cooking that will be coming out in Issue 5 of Smoke Signals. It has my go to discada recipe on it.
Have fun with it. They are great for frying too! Chicken wings and whole tilapia or black black bass fry up nicely in em.

Bob

our FFA class made a few a while back but picture 2, 1 on top of the other. the top one has a bolt welded to the bottom and the bottom one has a nut welded to the center of it a pipe down to the ground with another upside down for the stand.
light your coals in the bottom one and when ready screw the top one on. that is also your heat regulator, moving the top one up and down.
they work great! i have been cooking on mine for about 5 years.

Moocow- You had me at "new toy." I'm intrigued. It's a big home made Wok. I've never heard of anyone doing this before. Which goes to show the sheltered existance I have:rolleyes:. Do you have any links to sites or threads that may be used to educate me? I want one. :shocked: I'm mezmorized by it. :shocked: I don't know why. :shocked:.

Back