Commercial Hood Options?

ShencoSmoke

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
For some reason our installer is not interested in installing anything other than Captive Air (10 foot hood with make up air). Problem is the price keeps going up due to some reason or another to the point where the price is crazy high. We are thinking about other options and ran across Hoodmart. Hoodmart is either new or they do a great job at managing reviews on the interweb because I can only find reviews from their website. Anyone have any experience with hoodmart? Thanks in advance.

Sorry, no experience.

A friend out here is having the same issues, the estimate keeps climbing, started at $20,000, now it's $40,000 and has to be wall mounted, necessitating a complete kitchen reconfigure...

Sorry, no experience.

A friend out here is having the same issues, the estimate keeps climbing, started at $20,000, now it's $40,000 and has to be wall mounted, necessitating a complete kitchen reconfigure...

We are having a similar experience. The latest price increase was $2400 for a reason I have yet to determine. When we bring up alternative manufacturers to the installer they say stuff like "your not going to find anything cheaper" and that the CA customer service is the "best". So basically as a buyer I have no options? This isn't rocket science, there has to be other options.

Your builder may be legit and have great confidence in that company or he could simply make the most profit from that one. Hopefully someone here with experience can chime in, wish I could help. It seems like every time I see someone opening a restaurant they are spending more money on a hood than I would want to put in an entire restaurant. I think the average is $40K.

Does it have to be a brand new hood? We picked up a used hood and had it installed. The only moving part of the system are the fans. Your fire suppression system should be inspected by someone else.

Does it have to be a brand new hood? We picked up a used hood and had it installed. The only moving part of the system are the fans. Your fire suppression system should be inspected by someone else.

It could be a used hood but it might be hard to find exactly what we need. Basically 2 hoods next to each other, a 4 ft hood over the 36" stove/range and a 6 ft hood over my smoker. The separated hoods are required because of the 2 fuel sources (gas and wood).

I have a couple friends who have used hoodmart and we're pleased, comes down to fire marshal approving plans for hood and suppression system, otherwise hoodmart with annul system and have your contractor install, or find another installer - usually hood cleaning companies can recommend someone if you call around.

It could be a used hood but it might be hard to find exactly what we need. Basically 2 hoods next to each other, a 4 ft hood over the 36" stove/range and a 6 ft hood over my smoker. The separated hoods are required because of the 2 fuel sources (gas and wood).

Out of curiosity, what smoker are you planning on using that is going under the hood?

Back