SmACk TaWK Let the record indicate that I hate Jack week

Jorge

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I love the Jack, Lynchburg, the Hill and the phenomenal pavilion on top of it. I love the parade of teams, and the residents that come out. I love the local businesses on the town square and the people that work there, and are so friendly that they could soften Scrooge's heart.

I hate the feeling of packing before that drive, because once you get there it will likely take you hours to get to anywhere to buy what you may have forgotten. I hate looking at the map and deciding whether or not to head towards Nashville, or come up from Decatur (if I could make it happen on a Friday it's a no brainer. Peanut Butter Pie from BBG is a home run).

I hate that I've run the cook, that won't start until Sat. morning, over in my head repeatedly with different variations beginning Friday night. The Jambo only went into the creek once, in a dream.

I hate that a lot of good friends won't be there. Smoke on Wheels, Plowboy(s), BBQ-Brethren/Phil, Scottie, Boondoggle, Habitual Smokers, ISS!!, Chris Hart and whatever name he comes up with for the guys that helped take Cook's Choice over the top, and a long list of others. You feel fortunate to be there, but I feel a little loss when I think about good friends that I'd like to see up on the hill Friday night.

The Jack is a love/hate deal for me. Win, lose, or draw, I think I'll be feeling some painful love on my trip home. It's the Jack.

Good write indeed I enjoyed that. One day I hope to make the Jack.

Poor baby. A single tear rolls down my cheek.
shiner.gif

Have a wonderful time in the Hollow!

This is why I have people coming up each day :becky:. They can bring whatever I miss. I'm hoping I don't forget the meat which is probably the 2nd most important thing on top of bringing bottles of Jack Daniels. Not sure if they have much there....... Though I joked about this in another thread that I can only imagine there are rivers of Jack we get to float around in Willy Wonka style and maybe even a creepy Gene Wilder to scare the heck out of us while giving the tour :-D.

This is how it is in my head...........
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zail7Gdqro"]willy wonka original psychedelic boat trip - YouTube[/ame]

Poor baby. A single tear rolls down my cheek.
shiner.gif

Have a wonderful time in the Hollow!

Tell Capt. Hair Product it was good to talk to him the other day. Your 180 should hold you for a while, and you've been often enough that you should be asking me to check on your Renters. Beat Vince, hug Damnit and the Weez.

Good luck. Cook well. And remember to have fun. Never know if you ever be back again..

Good luck George, Craig and TPJ.

Well, as a member of a team who had a bung that didn't get drawn, let me just say.....

Cry me a farkin river.

:becky:

I hope it was obvious I was joking, btw.
Good luck Jorge! Enjoy!

I hated the pressure of cooking 2 Jacks simultaneously. But would do it again in a heartbeat.

City Boy thinks you are a badass, and I tend to agree. If you get bored stop by and keep that clown in line for me. He's running our boxes, and reminding me that it's just BBQ.

Good luck. Cook well. And remember to have fun. Never know if you ever be back again..

Good luck George, Craig and TPJ.

Retirement is calling my name. Cooking with Craig has been a lot of fun, and I'll probably make spot appearances next year. This is probably my last Jack. Work is taking up more and more time, which is great considering the alternative. I took it easy at the Royal, but was whipped when I got home. We didn't do as well as we'd have liked but I had a great time cooking with Craig and getting to see a lot of friends I hadn't seen in way too long. Now if you make it back to Lynchburg, need a hand, and I can get away without catching some strain of mutant/death/flu I'm there.

And one good BBQ call wipes out the previous paragraph. Another reason to hate Jack week. Just when you are about ready to shake of the shackles you can get sucked back in just hearing your name....:-o

City Boy thinks you are a badass, and I tend to agree. If you get bored stop by and keep that clown in line for me. He's running our boxes, and reminding me that it's just BBQ.

hahahahaa... City boy hasn't seen my track record for 2014 then!

Not coming to the Jack this year. If I was, I'd help you drink your beer. :wacko:

hahahahaa... City boy hasn't seen my track record for 2014 then!

Not coming to the Jack this year. If I was, I'd help you drink your beer. :wacko:

Talk to City Boy about Irving. Mi casa, and all of that......

And as I'm about to plant my butt in a seat for half a day I'll leave you with this...

I'll miss seeing Rub hisself. Rub carries stories like a pack mule. His buddy at Harpoon had a tall tale about vinegar and lard. I give Mr. Bagby the benefit of the doubt because he distanced but didn't launch his buddy under the bus.

Those of you that know my wife, on Facebook just ignore her when she pitches a fit about me taking the Halloween candy to toss to the crowds during the parade.

And one good BBQ call wipes out the previous paragraph. Another reason to hate Jack week. Just when you are about ready to shake of the shackles you can get sucked back in just hearing your name....:-o

No chit...

Good Luck and have a Coke with Jack for me. :wacko:

Good Luck and have a Coke with Jack for me. :wacko:

Actually, friends should come find me on BBQ Hill. I quit drinking, but have a relapse now and then. Friday night, my shots of Jack go to the first person that can get them snipped off at the bar before I catch the buss back home.

This is why I have people coming up each day :becky:. They can bring whatever I miss. I'm hoping I don't forget the meat which is probably the 2nd most important thing on top of bringing bottles of Jack Daniels. Not sure if they have much there....... Though I joked about this in another thread that I can only imagine there are rivers of Jack we get to float around in Willy Wonka style and maybe even a creepy Gene Wilder to scare the heck out of us while giving the tour :-D.

Lynchburg is in Moore County and it is a Dry county. Yep, you can't buy any alcohol in Lynchburg. You can buy some commemorative bottles of Jack, at the Distillery. But you really want to drink single barrel Ducks Unlimited at $50 a bottle? :loco:

So, no Jack rivers and you BETTER bring your own!

Good Luck Teams!!! We might bring the bike down and visit....

Persistent DDoS now get's me into Tullahoma at about the same time the bars let out...somewhere.

Back