• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

PULLED, CHOPPED, or CHUNKED? and

keale

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
WHY?? Is it just regional? Prefered taste? I've always just pulled, any difference?
Also, LAWRY'S SEASONED Salt, can you use as a rub? Too salty? Is there recipes that you can use Lawrys as a base for rubs?

I have pulled it, chopped it, and chunked it. Depended on how much energy I felt like putting into pulling.

I have used it, but I don't like it seems a little salty to my taste, but that could be because I know it is in the mix. Nobody else has ever complained that my que was salty.

If you want to use lawry's use it to add another depth of flavor substitute it for half the salt in your recipes.

It's the only thing plus coarse ground pepper, I use on steaks.

Pulled = perfectly cooked pork!
Chopped = not perfectly cooked pork :cry:
Chunked = shoulda boiled it....:eek:
Pureed??? I ain't goin there :biggrin:

Pulled = perfectly cooked pork!
Chopped = not perfectly cooked pork :cry:
Chunked = shoulda boiled it....:eek:
Pureed??? I ain't goin there :biggrin:

I have seen it the first 3 ways.... It depends on the mood I am in what I do. Normally pull, but once in a while I will chop. Haven't chunked it yet.... but would if I eat it.... being allergic to pork doesn't help....

I have seen it the first 3 ways.... It depends on the mood I am in what I do. Normally pull, but once in a while I will chop. Haven't chunked it yet.... but would if I eat it.... being allergic to pork doesn't help....

Ouch! No Pork? Wheres the Beef?? I bet you're just as happy with beef? I'm allergic to shellfish, and people feel sorry, but I tell them I'm MORE than happy with a 1 1/2 in. steak!:p
anyone know where I can find rubs that uses seasoned salt ?
THANKS Crue-B!

I like it pulled, except when I like it chunked, but then again I also like chopping it fine sometimes to. I guess the answer is Yes.

Pork its whats to eat ... dont matter how it is, pile it on a bun or not, with your favorite sauce or not, the only thing that matters is that you have it.

Ouch! No Pork? Wheres the Beef?? I bet you're just as happy with beef? I'm allergic to shellfish, and people feel sorry, but I tell them I'm MORE than happy with a 1 1/2 in. steak!:p
anyone know where I can find rubs that uses seasoned salt ?
THANKS Crue-B!

Beef is good.... chicken is good... fish is good.... and yes, (STEAK is great.... when the family has pork chops, I have a big fat juicy steak... :wink:) just about anything but pork... (that is a bummer).... everyone that I compete against has a built in handicap... I do cook it, but I can not even get to taste it... If I get it to my mouth, I am in trouble... major trouble... So, I use a ton of gloves, and soap and water.

And don't even try to find any processed meat that doesn't have some pork in it.... there are some, but not many. And don't even try to go out to eat breakfast.... I learned the hard way..:mad:

I got all (ok, most) of my teeth, so I'm not a big fan of a fine chop. Me thinks I like it best pulled.

If you have never tried it, you need to try chopped pork, the addition of bark and some fat really make for a fine tasting product because it is distributed so evenly. Work in some thinned sauce too. It's perfect for sammies (and can be portioned out with something like an ice cream scoop), but I also like to serve it in a small mound on the plate as a main meat.

If you have never tried it, you need to try chopped pork, the addition of bark and some fat really make for a fine tasting product because it is distributed so evenly. Work in some thinned sauce too. It's perfect for sammies (and can be portioned out with something like an ice cream scoop), but I also like to serve it in a small mound on the plate as a main meat.

I love Thirdeye!!!
His dancing pepper gets me going!!!

Funny you would start this thread, I was just sitting outside pondering this very subject. I used to be in the pull it till it looks like cat food, I as I have cooked more and competed more I believe a chunk is the way to go. I think you cant get away with as much when it is chunked, you get to tell if it is underccooked or over cooked. Having said that, it seems out here in the West, most judges want the cat food, last two times we have chunked, have not done well...and before you say it...it was cooked perfect!

Roll the dice!

Back