I have thin blue smoke

JackW

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Put my first brisket on at 11:00 am central. Using Bluedawgs method, hope to wrap at 3:00, be ready to eat at 7:00. I got a smallish one at Walmart, about 9 lbs trimmed. I have read a ton about briskets on this site in the last couple months. I think I will be fine. I have cooked a couple tons of meat on smokers and grills over the years but this is the first brisket. I got a fire going and having fun. I hope you all have a great and safe weekend.

Jack

Good luck with the brisket. Look forward to seeing it. Hope yall have a great Memorial Day weekend.

JackW
Just curious, what are you cooking it on?

SGH, I am on an Old Country Wrangler offset, oak and hickory wood, running steady at about 300.

Jack

Good luck! I did my first a couple of weeks ago and was pleased with the results using Bludawg's method but didn't wrap. Next time I'll wrap to compare.

Sounds like you have a solid plan. Looking forward to the finished pics.

Looking excellent......you got this thing!! The color is just right for wrapping. Just wait for probe tender and done.:-D

Probed like butter at 5:00. Resting till about 7:00. Will post pics when I cut it.

Jack

Back