Trailer and EZ-Up?

Qbert60

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Hello all. Looking for some advice. I am pretty much a competition guy, but I am looking to get into vending a little bit next year.

I currently have a 7x16 enclosed trailer w/o a vending window. It has 1 normal size door and an 8ft awning. I have 2 10x10 EZ-Up's. I currently roll my cooker out on the drop down gate.

Looking for advice on how to potentially vend using these items. Any help would be appreciated. Maybe even what items I need to invest in before I go this route. I am not able to sink money into a new trailer that has a vending window, so I have to use what I got.

You'd have to check with local regulations to determine if you can vend with what you have. Some places around here require a hard floor and screens on all sides of a tent, some places don't even have health inspections. It really just depends on the location.

Well, here in Michigan, I believe it goes by each county. I know of teams that vend ribs with the basic set-up of ez-up, prep table, 3 bus tubs, and a hand washing station. I have all that covered with just the trailer, but I have no vending window. Anyone think i can have a window installed?

Well, here in Michigan, I believe it goes by each county. I know of teams that vend ribs with the basic set-up of ez-up, prep table, 3 bus tubs, and a hand washing station. I have all that covered with just the trailer, but I have no vending window. Anyone think i can have a window installed?

It shouldn't be very hard at all for an average handy man to install a window. Make sure they frame it out for rigidity.

I would imagine you could contact the place you bought the trailer from and ask about getting a window installed. They'd have to take off the inside wall finish and re-structure the frame to accommodate the window, but it wouldn't be a terribly hard thing to do.

It shouldn't be very hard at all for an average handy man to install a window. Make sure they frame it out for rigidity.
Every company I have called suggested that it's to much work since the trailer was not made with a window in it currently.

this should answer most of your questions if you have not seen it yet

http://michigan.gov/mdard/0,4610,7-125--68508--,00.html

I have already printed it out.

I guess my question is more about efficiency. Can it be done without having a window? Once person inside prepping and the other outside serving and selling.

Every company I have called suggested that it's to much work since the trailer was not made with a window in it currently.

I have already printed it out.

I guess my question is more about efficiency. Can it be done without having a window? Once person inside prepping and the other outside serving and selling.

I don't know who you are talking to about the window, but that is crap. Like was mentioned in an earlier post any handyman should be able to put window in. I know a guy here who does hotdogs out of a trailer that he already had. He is in his 60's and he put the window in himself in less than a day. Keep checking around, maybe outside of your local trailer shops.

I don't know who you are talking to about the window, but that is crap. Like was mentioned in an earlier post any handyman should be able to put window in. I know a guy here who does hotdogs out of a trailer that he already had. He is in his 60's and he put the window in himself in less than a day. Keep checking around, maybe outside of your local trailer shops.

Agreed. I'm pretty certain the trailer wall isn't structural so it should be pretty easy to cut a hole and frame it out

Agreed. I'm pretty certain the trailer wall isn't structural so it should be pretty easy to cut a hole and frame it out

yeah but the thing is with it not being structural its also not strong

The window would have to be supported well. You dont want it popping out on our lovely Michigan roads

The window would have to be supported well. You dont want it popping out on our lovely Michigan roads

With all the potholes, I am surprised the damn thing hasn't fallen apart yet.

You would have to build a frame to tie into the floor and roof. It wouldn't have to be much but you would definitely have to do something to tie it all together.

I vend at several festivals a year with a similar set up as you mentioned. I have to get a temporary permit which runs me 70.00 for the weekend and the health inspector has to come out and inspect me each gig. This allows me to have a real basic set up and I don't have to have all NSF commercial equipment/refrigeration, 3 bay sink with drain boards..etc

could you build an insert that would mount in the door area? something that would mount in the frame with a window area, and could be removed when not in use. no structural concerns with cutting a hole in the wall.

Back