• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New show - Smoked?

I hate to be a negative nelly and I know I'm going to sound like a elitist but I didn't like the commercial and I assume the show because it is so unoriginal that it is in appealing to me. These type of shows bore me and leave me wishing a tv exec thought the same that I do,It is far more interesting to watch people do what they so in the natural environment they do it in. I wish they had a show called "the jack" and followed 8 teams from beggining to the end of the jack and aired 8 episodes I truly believe it would be the best bbq show ever.

Good idea really - although I do like this upcoming series of BBQ Pitmasters but then I would :wink:

I hate to be a negative nelly and I know I'm going to sound like a elitist but I didn't like the commercial and I assume the show because it is so unoriginal that it is in appealing to me. These type of shows bore me and leave me wishing a tv exec thought the same that I do,It is far more interesting to watch people do what they so in the natural environment they do it in. I wish they had a show called "the jack" and followed 8 teams from beggining to the end of the jack and aired 8 episodes I truly believe it would be the best bbq show ever.

BEST IDEA EVER!!

When I saw Moe and Myron, I did not even watch the trailer. Somehow I can not rid my mouth of this saccharin taste now.

I watch all the BBQ shows I can and I also I think Dr. BBQ is just a cool dude and with him on the show just sold it to me.

I've been around this long enough to have seen all the incarnations (and participated in a few) and this one looks pretty good to me. I think they're trying to do something a little different with this one and I think they've accomplished it. As a judge they really let us speak our minds. No canned lines at all. If people watch and it goes forward I think you'll see it grow and I think you'll see some new and different cooks doing some different things and you'll get a lot more personality.

I've been around this long enough to have seen all the incarnations (and participated in a few) and this one looks pretty good to me. I think they're trying to do something a little different with this one and I think they've accomplished it. As a judge they really let us speak our minds. No canned lines at all. If people watch and it goes forward I think you'll see it grow and I think you'll see some new and different cooks doing some different things and you'll get a lot more personality.

I hope it turns out well. They can do a lot in editing to change the feel of a show. I will set the DVR.

I'll echo this notion. It's one thing if it'll be simply a cooking show about BBQ because that would be interesting. However, if it's yet another formulaic reality tv cheese fest that's edited for drama and the producers choose the most annoying people they can find, I'll pass. Or as others said, I'll use the button.

That's why you have an on/off button on your remote. No need to watch those boring shows you don't wish to.

My ignore list just got one name longer. :tsk:

That was rude. He politely voiced an opinion. You could have responded with an alternate opinion, but instead chose to basically tell him to change channels and STFU.

So, I'm using my "remote" to turn you off.

CD

There's no need for anyone to take offense. It's all opinions and if no one ever stated them then we would all be on the same page... No progress... Boring! It's nice to have different points of views and takes on a subject! I'm welcome to all; however, no one has seen the final shoots and is just drawing conclusion. I will state my opinion for whatever it's worth (Hopefully .02 cents) :) For real.. glad to see more of the stuff I'm interested in on TV.

I set my DVR to record it - will see how it goes. BBQ Pitmasters I liked some of the seasons and others not so much. Like to see entertainment and education.

Without even airing it looks like a re-run. But I'll happily watch it because I hope it'll give me an idea or two.

I think you'll be surprised. It's a realty cooking show about BBQ so there's going to be a lot of similarities but the guy running the show is good at this and it's a brand new project for him. Take a look at these videos and I think you'll see what I mean. http://america.discovery.com/tv-shows/smoked/smoked-videos/myrons-cupcake-chicken.htm

Thanks for the link drbbq. The videos won't play on my tablet for some reason but I'll check them out a little later. I love watching all things bbq and got so many ideas from watching BBQ Pitmasrers I will eagerly watch this show too.

Back