• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My anniversary dinner (with pron)

campdude

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hey Brethren,
The last couple of weeks has been a bit of a drag. I had some minor surgery 2 weeks ago. Couldn't do much. Last week a good friend came by and helped me BBQ for my b'day. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't the same as doing it myself. Today is my 26th anniversary :bow: and I told my wife I'd make pulled pork (her fav :clap2:) for our dinner. I decided to try hot-n-fast. Never done that. I got a new digital thermometer for my b'day, so time to break it in. It's an 11 pound picnic (wife wanted to have leftovers for cuban sammies). Just put a light rub on it while the NBB was coming up to heat. Put it in at about 320. I'm using hickory and cherry with a base of K. I'll foil around 160 -170 depending on how the bark is looking. Gonna make coleslaw, some ABT's, and some taters. I'll keep you all updated with more pron.

Last edited:
Happy Aniversary 26 years is something to be proud of. Hope your dinner turns out great and you have an even better aniversary

Cant wait to see the finished pics....Happy Anniversary. I forgot our anniversary last year and I've been in the dog house since.

Cant wait to see the finished pics....Happy Anniversary. I forgot our anniversary last year and I've been in the dog house since.
My wife is the one that has trouble remembering the day, not me. You gotta do something special this year to get out of the dog house! If I was in the dog house pulled pork would get me out!:clap2:

Happy Anniversary!! My wife and I BOTH forgot our anniversary this year. I like that we can laugh about it and no one is in the doghouse.

It's coming up on 3 hours. Probe reding 161. :-D Been holding steady at 310 - 325. Not enough color yet. I may not foil at all (don't always foil).

Last edited:
Been more than 4 hours now. Probe temp at 186. Color really starting to look good. Wasn't paying attention for a little bit and the pit temp dropped to about 285.:doh: Had pre-heated logs ready and popped one in.:thumb: Temp back up nicely. I don't think this one will get foil till it's ready to rest in the cooler. ABT's and taters in.:clap2:

Last edited:
Pulled it off at 197. Probe went in everywhere very easily. Foiled with just a spritz of juice and put in the cooler to rest. Color isn't as dark as low and slow. Could be I only put a light rub on it instead of a heavier rub like normal (although I've read about people who get great bark with just S&P). Had to take a little nibble.MMMmmmmmm:clap2:. Will post finished/pulled pics in a little while.

Last edited:
Pulled the pork and got everything else finished. "Best pulled pork I've ever had" is what my wife said as she was eating it while I was pulling it. If I don't say so myself, it was excellent. Tender, juicey, and flavorful. The bark was very good. Even my wife liked it, and she doesn't nomally eat much of it. Will have to do HnF pork again.
Pics of everything, the pork, and me incognito with dinner! :thumb:
Thanks for looking and all the kind words.

Last edited:
Happy anniversary and belated happy birthday to ya. Feast looks great! Like the mask too. :-D:thumb:

Fine looking meal, bro. Happy anniversary! I celebrated my 25th this year. I may try the ol' pulled pork BBQ dinner next year.

Back