Anniversary Dinner......Pron

BobBrisket

Reaction score
Yesterday was our 9 year anniversary and here's how we celebrated. I FINALLY made some edible butternut squash. I've always either burned or undercooked them and just never got them right. They are so good. Lots of butter and citrus seasoning and then wrapped in foil and placed by the coals. Then I glanced over at the basil in the garden and thought......basil and bacon wrapped scallops. Really nice combination. Lastly were some shrimp, 'chokes, and chuck eye steaks with a high sear and then indirect over a wood fire and coals. Good stuff!
3614234340_7a101b208a_o.jpg

3613416043_d4edaed19f_b.jpg

3613416061_9020b574a1_o.jpg

3614234534_2029fa9809_b.jpg

Happy anniversary Bob!! What a great looking feast, bet it tasted wonderful!!

Dang Bob, you could have thrown on one more of everything and I would have gladly celebrated with ya, that looks AMAZING!

That's the best you could give the Mrs. after putting up with you for 9+ years? :biggrin: Great job Bob! Congrats to both of you.

Happy Anniversary Bob that's better than eating out for sure.

Happy Anniversary to you and Mrs. Brisket, and a toast to many more happy years!

Thanks again from both of us. Mrs. Brisket wanted surf and turf, so who am I to complain. We are also giving eachother and the kids a weekend in the mountains in a cabin this weekend. I hope to do some fishing and catch a few rainbows......or at least a really good buzz.:lol: We like to introduce the kids to different foods and last night were the 'chokes and squash. Both gave a thumbs up to the 'chokes, but a thumbs down to the squash. Go figure. We also found out they LOVE melted butter, but then who doesn't.:twisted: We were gonna have them try the scallops, but decided not to since both the wife and I have a very mild allergy to them, but still love to eat em.
Thanks again.

Congrats on the anniversary Bob!!
We just had our 9th on May 20th.
Surf and Turf looks tasty too.

Thanks again. My poor wife..........she's actually put up with me for 14 years, we dated for 5 before getting married.:lol: What patience she has.

Back