Open Fire Prime Rib

Brother that looks incredible. I would devour several of those plates!! Great job man, solid all the way around.

What internal temp would be for Med Rare. I did not rest this at all & 150 Was too much!

This is what I do when camping(Well besides relax & Sleep & Visit with other campers)

Yea, wasn't sure of what temp, I wanted Medium rare. Will do better next time

A good first attempt, I would go 130°F internal before rest for medium rare

Not to get too anal about it, but it all depends on what your ideal "medium rare" is. There's the rare side of midrare to the more done side of mid rare. It's kind of like North North West and West North West.

I like mine right at the rare edge of mid rare, so I pull at around 125-127 then rest.

Who care if it was overlooked, you're camping so it has to taste better than if you cooked it at home to a perfect temp! I bet the other campers wasnt eating that good!!

Who care if it was overlooked, you're camping so it has to taste better than if you cooked it at home to a perfect temp! I bet the other campers wasnt eating that good!!

Hahah, if I was the one cooking it, I'd be pissed and would spend the next 3 days beating myself up over it. Then again, I'm always that way about my food. Others can say "best thing I ever ate" and I will still pick it apart and talk about what was wrong about it.

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Too bad was a little overdone but the char on the outside I bet was tasty.

I have a rotisserie motor around for my CG .. you really gave me an idea, to bring it with next time I go camping! How did you rig together the mount for the motor, homemade or some kind of kit? Thanks!

Back