First cook in a long.........while.

Bigr314

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hi guys, have not been on in a long time. The job was all my time. Working 6 days 10 to 12 hours a day. Finally decided to get a cook in. Woke up late so I put an 18# brisket on at about 10 this morning. Going to go hot and fast on the Shirley. Seasoned with SPOG and rolling along at 350 with some cherry splits. Going to let it go for 4 hours then going to pan and cover it till done. I am going to bring it to work.and share some good BBQ with the 5 star staff. Saving the juices to pack with the sliced brisket.

Going to put on some whole wings later for my son. Have them soaking in Franks Red hot since last night. Will post some pics later. Good to be back.

image_zpsycnonvgm.jpeg

I'm glad to see you back, I noticed your absence and am glad it was only work keeping you away. It amazes me a SF makes a brisket look small, nice cook.

Good to see you Ron. Nice looking brisket too!

Before reading your write up, I knew you had a Shirley ! The cooking grates have a distinctive look to them. Happy eating, few foods comfort the soul like brisket!!

Brisket almost done. Now time to smoke some wings. I like whole wings.
Soaked in Franks since last night, got some rub on em. going to smoke at about 350 with some cherry splits.

image_zpsmvn6bl4z.jpeg

Awesome cook brother!

Nice to see you :)

Good to see you back.

Looks like some greatness happening 'round your place!

Back