Looking to add a new cooker - $4,000 budget

MakeItHappenBBQ

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Finally ready to pull the trigger on this big purchase... I have experience on BGE's and reverse flow stick burners.. will be using it for my growing catering business and eventual competitions.

I know I posted a question like this a while back.. but I am now ready to make the purchase and want to be sure I do all of the necessary research and get some advice from folks with more experience.

Thanks

If you want a stick burner, Shirley. But if you don't want to feed it every 45 minutes or so (which can get old quickly at competitions, look at the Southern Q Limo Elite gravity fed cooker. I love mine and it will run for 12-14 hours on one load of hardwood briquettes.

I don't have fancy or expensive stuff, but if I was looking to cook plenty for business, I would go with a cabinet for more space. I know there are great verticals large sized that will fit in $4000. The gravity feed is also a good option! I know CL has a $5000 trailer near me with two large Gravity smokers; to me that would be the best for business cooking.

I don't have fancy or expensive stuff, but if I was looking to cook plenty for business, I would go with a cabinet for more space. I know there are great verticals large sized that will fit in $4000. The gravity feed is also a good option! I know CL has a $5000 trailer near me with two large Gravity smokers; to me that would be the best for business cooking.

Help me out lol what is CL short for?

If your just cooking the Big 3 I'd be looking a Pitmaker Vault for a Vertical and a SF for an offset. CL> Craigslist

If your just cooking the Big 3 I'd be looking a Pitmaker Vault for a Vertical and a SF for an offset. CL> Craigslist

Craig's list lol... I knew as soon as I asked I would feel stupid once I got the response.. Thanks guys

Stump's XL Baby is around $3,200 plus shipping. I have the Classic and can't say enough about it. So easy to use, so we'll made. Gravity-feed with a guru is the perfect combo.

Shirley Fab or a Pitmaker Long Rifle Sniper

Long-Rifle-Sniper-Pitmaker-Smoker-3b.jpg

Shirley. Just get it done. You will get 5 times the smoker of any of these for that price. You can do wood and get the charcoal basket and do longer cooks too. It is very versatile!

Backwoods G2 Competitor:

Meat: (approx)
Six 12 lb. turkeys
22 to 26 slabs of baby back ribs
8 to 12 briskets
16 to 18 Boston butts

Back