logo

Another day, another dog...

jwtseng

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
It really is the "dog days of summer" around here...it's hot, hot, hot around here. It's too hot to really enjoy a low and slow kind of cook, but it's the perfect weather for a quick meal off the grill by the pool. I already farked with a bunch of dogs the other day, and I really just wanted something to chow down on real quick. So I pulled together some kielbasa and rolls, pickled some cucs and onions and peppers, and fired up the little pig grill that could for another hot dog meal...

Plus I had a bunch of curly fries left to fry up...

O9Ddqqzh.jpg

Kielbasa getting nice and crusty on the pig grill...

xIgqggLh.jpg

Q2X2TaCh.jpg

Slathered the bread with some mayo and grilled it up nice...

FuoZmdwh.jpg

tCL7Ieph.jpg

Here's the finished dog, complete with pickled cucs/peppers/onions over pan-fried black forest ham and jalapeño havarti...and a healthy sprinkling of AussieTitch's chicken salt, which sent it over the top...

s45gypth.jpg

Came up for a few breaths after inhaling the first couple of bites...

AwTNh8Hh.jpg

Man, this was a good dog meal...hit all the right notes and sent me directly to my happy place.

Man I would so love to have a couple of those.

Even for breakfast?

Yes even for breakfast. :icon_smile_tongue:

Beautiful! Love that little grill. Mind sharing what you cut the curly fries with and what seasoning?

Thanks Matt! I cut the curly fries with a Paderno spiralizer...works great. It cuts the whole potato into one long curl. I break it into "serving size" clumps because I like to fry the thing as intact as possible.

The seasoning is a thin beer batter...half cup of flour, tsp each of chili powder, garlic, paprika, and salt. Whisk in half a cup of cold beer. Easy and tasty! Fry once at 350 for 6-8-10 minutes until crisp.

Thanks Matt! I cut the curly fries with a Paderno spiralizer...works great. It cuts the whole potato into one long curl. I break it into "serving size" clumps because I like to fry the thing as intact as possible.

The seasoning is a thin beer batter...half cup of flour, tsp each of chili powder, garlic, paprika, and salt. Whisk in half a cup of cold beer. Easy and tasty! Fry once at 350 for 6-8-10 minutes until crisp.

Well darn they look even better now that I know there is beer! Thanks

Love that Pig and Dogs, Had to find me a Pig grill, And Success one found on ebay and its mine woooo!! THis will be my camper PIG!!! thanks looks awesome

Thanks y'all! I love my pig grills...yes, I actually have a whole stable of them. Lol. I get them at CostPlus World Market whenever they are on super sale...as low as $10 each. They are perfect gifts for any occasion. Over the weekend they were on sale for $16.99 I believe. Here's a link to follow:

http://www.worldmarket.com/product/terracotta+pig+grill.do

I entered this cook into the "Dog Days of Summer" TD, instead of my other hotdog adventure. Y'all should go check it out!

For a non dog fan, I'm sure drooling a lot!! lol
Looks awesome James!

Back