cooking spray has stained my UDS

siMON STERn

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Got myself a Big Poppa Smoker kit. Burned out the drum. Washed it, inside and out with Simple Green. Painted with a couple rattle cans of High Heat Rustoleum. Attached all the hardware yesterday. Today is the day to season. Sprayed inside wall and inside lid with Pam. Filled the basket about half way with KBB. Using peach wood. Dialed in at about 300 for over four hours now. Problem is the cooking spray has bled out around the hardware. First. Is this normal? Or, did I spray too much? Second. Should I, or could I clean it? I'd like it to look nice if I can.

SS

Normal. I just leave it but you can clean it off and repaint the area. After 10-12 times it'll quit.

I never had leaking in mine, maybe the holes were drilled a hair big?

You can get fiber washers and put those on, it will help with leaking grease...I've done that on my mini.

My UDS is every sense of the word Ugly. It has grease stains running down over over it, couple of small dents from moving it, and has a little bit of surface rust on the outside of it. It is ugly as hell but it cooks just as well as a pretty drum smoker.

There is a reason it's called "Ugly"

Yeah, I get it. But, Big Poppa Smokers kit looked so purdy.

I might try spraying some Simple Green and use a damp cloth and see if it comes out.

I should mention that first burn with about half load of charcoal was still going strong after five hours. Checked it this morning and there was still a few unburnt briquettes.

SS

U is for Ugly it's a BBQ pit not a Porshe wear them stains like a bagde of honor

i tried to keep mine all nice for a while. that lasted until the second cook. now it's coated with drips and grease and other badges of honor.

your's got a medal early!

Also mine has been a high heat powder coated quite a while back and still looks very good. I only occasionally use a magic eraser on it.

Is yer truck a 4x4 or a pavement princess?��

Back