Barbeque America Magazine

bigticket1

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Has anyone received the Sept./Oct. issue or seen it on the newstands ? If I remember correctly it has been over two months since the last issue came out and the old issue is still up on the website.

I've heard a lot of similar complaints, people paying and never receiving an issue in over 6 months.

Your only recourse is to file a complaint with the office of consumer affairs in the State Attorney General's Office.

If they are out of business all is lost, if they haven't closed yet they can force them to issue a refund.

Last edited:
I'm hoping that there is just some confusion or someone made a mistake in their subscriptions department.

Having another strong BBQ-centric magazine is a great thing for everyone. The folks involved with Barbecue America are good people.

I'll reach out and see if I can get any information. Maybe I can even get them to come here and post an update.

Eric

This is what the editor emailed us last week.

I’m afraid to tell you that the publisher has closed all of their magazines with no notice to the various editors. I was blindsided like everyone else.

I am in the process of taking the magazine to a new publisher, and once we get that settled will be contacting folks like you who have not received a magazine. We will offer you a six-month complimentary subscription and our apologies.Please she me your contact information, including your mailing address and I will put it in my make-up list.

The publisher has let a huge number of people down, but I will make sure Barbecue America subscribers are taken care of as soon as I can.

Regards,

Rick

Rick Browne
(former Editor in Chief)
Barbecue America Magazine

Thanks Allis200.

That's sad to hear. I feel for the writers, photographers, editors, graphics and other people involved with the magazine.

BBQ isn't like other niches. It can easily support numerous magazines (intellectually) and there is no concern about malignant competition arising.

I wish them well and hope they find another home soon. I'm sure it will be incredibly difficult to regain the trust of people that feel that they were burned, but putting out quality product will ameliorate that.

Eric

So the first issue with my (almost) centerfold should (almost) be worth something now??? ;)

People would maybe be a little more forgiving of the situation if they would get out front and take ownership of it before it leaks out in forums like this.

Has anyone else received communications from the publisher or editor?

Thanks,

Eric

Sent an email on Monday, no response! :-(

Getting a bad feeling here . . .

This really STINKS! I'd been wondering the same thing for weeks. I'm quite mad about this now.

On top of it, I spent another $10 to receive Issue No. 1 through ordering it on their website, so I could have the inaugural issue. Now I'm out $35 total having received only a single issue.

I can't believe they would quietly bury their heads about this instead of stepping up and at least put a message on their website of what was going on. Don't they think honesty counts for anything?

Cowards.

I still have not rec'd a response from my email from last Monday!
I called the number on their website ((844) 489-2067) and rec'd a recorded message:
"Customer Service lines are unavailable at this time" and was referred to their website.
Didn't notice any info there! :sad:

Back