36" Lang Cooker Raffle

Thanks to everyone for the support! We just sold our 100th ticket! Don't let that deter you from taking a chance, though. www.fireduptohelp.org All the proceeds go to support our charitable missions. Our last, scheduled, event will be on Friday. We'll be cooking for the awards' ceremony of a charity golf tournament that has raised over $1,000,000 for pediatric cancer research at Georgetown and INOVA hospitals over the past 24 years. We are contracted to do the food, but will donate back some of those funds to support children's charities. Since we are all volunteers, we can reduce the cost to the host organization so they can maximize funds to the pediatric charities.

We will be cooking 107 racks of spareribs (Some to take home in exchange for a donation), 72 lbs of boneless pork butt, 80 lbs of boneless chicken thighs, smoked mac and cheese, baked beans, and doing cole slaw for the participants and volunteers. PRON to follow! Thanks again! bump

I just noticed something: my PayPal payment from 10/8 never hit my account. When I ordered another ticket today, I noticed down at the bottom of the page, after having gone through PayPal, that I still needed to "Place" my order. In other words, without doing that last little post-PayPal bit, the transaction never completed.

I've taken care of that, and am now in for 2 tickets, but since this doesn't act quite the way most PayPal transactions do, it might be worth emphasizing. There might be other transactions still hanging out there uncompleted.

I just noticed something: my PayPal payment from 10/8 never hit my account. When I ordered another ticket today, I noticed down at the bottom of the page, after having gone through PayPal, that I still needed to "Place" my order. In other words, without doing that last little post-PayPal bit, the transaction never completed.

I've taken care of that, and am now in for 2 tickets, but since this doesn't act quite the way most PayPal transactions do, it might be worth emphasizing. There might be other transactions still hanging out there uncompleted.

Thanks, Oak-n-Hickory for pointing out the 'extra' step when using PayPal to make a purchase. Hopefully anyone else who may have not "placed" their order is still following this string and gets their chance at the smoker.

Thanks for the heads up, my first order didn't go through.

I'm in! The wife got me a ticket for our anniversary! I could really use a Lang. I only have a WSM currently. Would love a stick burner!

Yeah thanks for the heads up on this as well. My first ticket was still waiting for me to purchase it so I went and did that but not before adding another ticket to the order.

Since I never win anything, I'm certain this will end up being basically a donation, but sounds like your organization is worth donating to anyway.

Good luck and keep up the good work,

Mike

I wish the rest of you would quit buying tickets. Limiting my chances.

Um. I mean... Glad to see so many people donating... :mrgreen:

It was a great weekend! Fired Up to Help cooked for the 25th Annual Golf Tournament for children's charities in Chantilly, VA last Friday. We did a total of 100 racks of ribs, 72 pounds of boneless pork butt, 60 pounds of boneless chicken, smoked mac and cheese, baked beans, smoked veggies, and cole slaw for 300. By providing the food for the event, we reduced the cost to the host organization, freeing up more money to be donated to Georgetown and INOVA hospitals to fund pediatric cancer research. We were also able to donate back $300 to these two institutions!

Your support through the Lang BBQ raffle helps us cover our overhead so we can donate money back to the organizations we support. Thanks!

I hope you do win it! That would be awesome!! You guys (or blokes or whatever) seem OK to me. GOOD LUCK!!!

I agree, They all seem alright to me, too.
I think that Aussies are just like us rednecks................but, with accents :laugh:.

Im in! Not sure what I need a stickburner for?! But what the heck. I hear Virginia Is nice this time of the year. And only 'bout 8 hr drive.
ROAD TRIP!

I agree, They all seem alright to me, too.
I think that Aussies are just like us rednecks................but, with accents :laugh:.

Yep, cuz we aint got no accent, but they talk funny! :laugh:

Thanks for the support! We have sold 141 tickets! The drawing will be held on December 1. There are still plenty of tickets available for $25 each. We won't discriminate between accents from down under or north of the border. Again, the winner may be responsible for the cost of shipping. The holidays are coming, maybe this would be a great gift for someone? Or, if you win and are in a giving mood, you could donate the smoker to a local firehouse in the the DC metro area. Tickets are available at www.fireduptohelp.org

bump

Back