Groupon Deal for a Kettle Pizza

Hmmmm . . . I've been eying these the last few weeks . . .

Yeah, just bought one like 3 days before the groupon...... hoping maybe kettlepizza can do something with the difference.

Is there anything besides pizza I can use it for? $100 pizzas aren't exactly practical for me

Is there anything besides pizza I can use it for? $100 pizzas aren't exactly practical for me

Think wood fire oven recipes when considering what to cook with this. I'm sure some of the guys that have em' have tried planked fish, and maybe some "baked" recipes .... who knows,... mucho possibilities

I hoping on one of these later down the road. We had homemade pizza last night. The wife asked how hot does our oven go. It only went to 550, but the minute you open the door, down it went. I mentioned one of these to her. Maybe Santa will bring me one. And one of those sausage smoking racks.:wink:

Hmmmm . . . I've been eying these the last few weeks . . .

Geesh. I had $18 from a previous Groupon refund (bad service) on my account. And this morning, I get a $10 off code email.

I assume this thing is a good deal at $72? :decision:

:mrgreen:

Geesh. I had $18 from a previous Groupon refund (bad service) on my account. And this morning, I get a $10 off code email.

I assume this thing is a good deal at $72? :decision:

:mrgreen:

Did you place your order? $72 I would buy it. I had one before my black stone. It can turn out some good pies. One of my best pies came from that unit.

Last edited:
wonder how difficult this would be tho...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdWPUKibdeU"]DIY How to Build a Kettle Pizza Clone for $20 - YouTube[/ame]

Finding stainless steel in a roll proved difficult for me. It would be easier to use the center section of a drum IMHO.

I have this and it works awesome. Although I bought all pieces separately. Started out with just the kettle pizza insert and pro-grate with tombstone. It is much easier to get to 600-700, and above, with the baking steel in place. And even better when you put the weber lid on, which they tell you is not necessary.

If you go to the original post for this thing, you'll see a lot of reasons why zinc/galvanized metal is a really bad choice for the temperature that you want to achieve.

shoot. he used galvanized? yeah...when i built my uds i made sure to only use stainless hardware.

I have this and it works awesome. Although I bought all pieces separately. Started out with just the kettle pizza insert and pro-grate with tombstone. It is much easier to get to 600-700, and above, with the baking steel in place. And even better when you put the weber lid on, which they tell you is not necessary.
is there an option to use a baking steel as the cooking platform rather than the stone? Basically use a baking steel on the bottom and top?

Back