• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Our First Micro Bash...

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
We were really bummed The Missus & I couldn't make it to the SoCal bash a few weeks ago due to some family issues, but gtr stayed in touch with me and wanted to be sure The Missus and I were able to meet Phubar and Padawan before they left for the states.

Fortunately, everything lined up for them to pay us a visit yesterday, and since ssv3(sako) and I had talked about getting together a few times, I asked him to come as well.

We did a mexican-themed dinner, and and The Missus made margaritas accompanied by homemade tortilla chips, guacamole, pico de gallo for appetizers, with the main course consisting of tacos on homemade tortillas with grilled carne asada, Salvadoran chorizo, and Sako's delicious Al Pastor. I also did a mexican style rack of BB's on the rotisserie that came out pretty well.

I didn't snap too many pics, but I'm hoping Greg, Sako, and Phu will come along at some point and add some of their pictures. Here's what we have so far:

Chips, salsa, pico, and guac:

IMG_2607_zpsxmvxnxoy.jpg

Padawan hanging out by the pool:

IMG_2614_zpsadyc81x4.jpg

The Missus chatting it up with Phu:

IMG_2611_zpsjhqw3gsb.jpg

Phu enjoying a margarita alongside Greg:

IMG_2616_zpssdldnqco.jpg

Time to start firing up some coals:

IMG_2609_zpsu6te7c15.jpg

Sako & Greg hanging out by the cookers:

IMG_2613_zpsil6payxw.jpg

That's all I got for pictures.

We had a fantastic time - it was great to connect with two long time Brethren I've been wanting to meet for years, and I feel grateful to be a part of this amazing community that is a catalyst for bringing people together to share friendship, great times, and delicious food together!

Thanks for the hospitality Moose...really had a blast!
Phood was Phabulous but I wouldn't suspect it otherwise.
The margharitas by The Missus were off the hook!
Glad to have had 2 micro bashes this last weekend at Tonybel and your place.
Think I got pictures of about everything but I'll put them up later this week or next week...got Pharking alot of editing to do when I'm home.

Last edited:
Great doesn't describe the time we had yesterday. Met Moose and the Missus for the first time yesterday and it was like I've known them all of my life. Killer company, killer food, killer margaritas and killer time. :thumb:

Thank you guys again!

I snapped a few pics but not many. I'll post it later tonight.

It was fantastic! Great food, great folks, great times. Been doing a lot of Bashing and Microbashing the past few weeks and it's been a total blast. My clothes don't quite fit like they did last month. :redface:

I got some pix, but I'm up to my eyeballs in work and later I'll be up to my eyeballs in Black Sabbath, so hopefully tomorrow I should be able to get some posted.

Thanks to Moose and the Missus for hosting and feeding us such great food, and thanks for the awesome eats - and Sako - the al pastor was incredible!

Awesome! Glad gou folks had a good time. I'm sure all the grub was killer.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Well, I thought I didn't have much but I do have some pics to share

Homemade guac, pico, tortillas chips and of course the margaritas to start off

rp40Vi2l.jpg

We're all chit chatting here

ALnj049l.jpg

Phu is debating whether to go into to pool or not :becky:

wKc87r8l.jpg

Moose setting up the fire for the rotisserie ribs

MjI9wONl.jpg

Ribs are about getting there

GIJw40Kl.jpg

So the ladies got the cracking on the flour and corn tortillas. Night and day difference between store bough and homemade. I'm a believer. :nod:

I heard Padawan was knocking 'em out and this was her first time making tortillas :-D

X5izOZsl.jpg

Carne asada and Salvadoran chorizo about done on Moose's awesome Kingsford oval grill

bzloAISl.jpg

Phu going for the money shot

wrzHtT9l.jpg

My plate of carne asada, al pastor and Salvadoran chorizo tacos pre slather the house made salsas along with ribs and baked beans to die for. Oh my!!

oMgGKmml.jpg

Ms. Moose was kind enough to even have dessert. Cupcakes she made

sJwDrK2l.jpg

Back