Hard to Beat Pizza Night!

Groundhog66

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Last night was pizza night, it had been a while...these were delicious.

As always, all ingredients (sans the red jalapenos, they were fresh from the neighbors garden) were acquired at Trader Joe's, my one stop pizza shop.

Prosciutto & Arugula, and a Sausage/Pepperoni/Mushroom & Red Jalapeno.

29678734662_6619d1d89b_b.jpg

29166052053_6fd8411940_b.jpg

650 degrees on the LG BGE for 8 minutes, probably about 15 seconds too long this time...but I tend to like mine a bit over anyway.

29163986934_d193e8f3fc_b.jpg

29163987174_b0df248736_b.jpg

29709031621_c7e74fc941_b.jpg

29163986794_82d8d86695_b.jpg

The crust was perfect, crispy, moist, with a nice chew.

29709013931_cc28eb62f0_b.jpg

Fine looking pies, Tim! I think next time we make pizza, I'll do a prosciutto pie.

We used to use TJ's dough fairly regularly, then we found one we like quite a bit better at Von's - it's made by Primo Taglio, and can be found in the section where they have the premade pizzas. I'd be curious to know how you like it if you give it a try.

Wow

Very nice! How did you get the crust so cooked? I have a primo and the top never quite browns the way I like. I have been playing with the warmer in my Shirley and its getting better.

looks great. thats how I like my crust. That is why it is called a CRUST. The pizza chains never cook the crust long enough. Nice job.

Thank you all for the positive feedback, it is much appreciated.

Fine looking pies, Tim! I think next time we make pizza, I'll do a prosciutto pie.

We used to use TJ's dough fairly regularly, then we found one we like quite a bit better at Von's - it's made by Primo Taglio, and can be found in the section where they have the premade pizzas. I'd be curious to know how you like it if you give it a try.

I love the saltiness of the prosciutto, and the peppery addition of the arugula is a home run IMO. I typically dress the arugula very lightly with EVOO/lemon/cracked pepper, but it was requested that we leave it nekkid...and I'm okay with that too.

I'll definitely have a look to see if I can find that dough, thank you for the tip.

Very nice! How did you get the crust so cooked? I have a primo and the top never quite browns the way I like. I have been playing with the warmer in my Shirley and its getting better.

650 degrees, and preheated for an hour of so. I don't get it all the way up to temp, but usually run it at around 450, then ramp it up when I'm ready. Like I previously mentioned, I like my pizza a bit darker on top too.

looks great. thats how I like my crust. That is why it is called a CRUST. The pizza chains never cook the crust long enough. Nice job.

Agreed, pizza chains never get it right IMO. I'm sure there may be one out there, but I have yet to encounter it.

As always, all ingredients (sans the red jalapenos, they were fresh from the neighbors garden) were acquired at Trader Joe's, my one stop pizza shop.
Just curious, how many/how large pies can you get out of a package of Trader Joe's dough? May have to pick one up to try out.

Excellent Tim.

Id be happy to get my pizza game even near yours.

Thank you...What type of cooker do you use?

Just curious, how many/how large pies can you get out of a package of Trader Joe's dough? May have to pick one up to try out.

I typically half the dough, and use 12 " screens. This batch I just kept whole, and used a 14".

Back