Grocery Prices

I can't speak to the price of eggs because I don't buy them in the stores, but everything I do buy in the stores is still creeping up. I watch for and buy as much as I can on sale and it seems they offer less on sale with less of a discount. Maybe it's only that way around here.

Kinda weird, but you can still get boneless chicken breasts for $1.99/lb at times - same as in 1990. Pork is still cheap. Beef, not so much.

We've got so many grocery stores around me competing for customers that, with the discounts and coupons they send out, there are some crazy deals to be had.

We always try to look for the specials and stock up. Now need to get a second refrigerator for this purpose and for holding prep work so we still have room in the kitchen frig.

I just picked up two packs of chicken thighs (8 per pack) for 69 cents a pound on sale. Saw brisket whole packers at Costco today for $2.87 a pound (USDA prime grade whole packers). Flats were a lot more. The key is you can get some good deals if you look but you have to wait to find them.

Back