What kind of spray do you use to clean the outside of your BBQs/

I vote for the Dollar Store Awesome, we use it all the time.

10-1 diluted Simple Green in a spray bottle cleans up the Kooker every time!

Attachments

• CleanKooker.jpg
    CleanKooker.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 94
Get an extra large can of Pam spray, and apply it while the pit is still Hot, and then wipe it down if you must. It will season it like a good cast iron pan and bring back that shine and protect the paint. Use it on the fire box also. It will turn the rain like it was treated with rain X when you get a couple of layers on it. If you don't rub it off after applying it while still hot, it might become sticky with repeated layers. Even then you are ahead of the game.

Blessings, :pray:
Omar
:thumb: This almost exactly what I do with my pit about twice a year. It looks good and is a great protective coating against weather!:-D

I've got an older OK Joe Longhorn that's got a fairly rusted firebox. I've been wiping the entire outside with olive oil while it's hot after a cook and this has been working pretty well so far and has actually done a good job of coating the rust that was on the firebox... so much so that my dad, who helped me unload it when I got it (remember uber rusted), thought I'd painted it.
If I had to wipe down the outside I'd go w/ Simple Green and then start coating in oil again.

Still new here and I love threads like this... much like actually BBQ'ing everyone has their own way of doing things and everything tends to work out. Leads me to believe we spend WAY too much time overthinking things? :shock: but I guess that's 1/2 the fun... for me anyway

Back