*** Vote - BBQ Brethren "30 Minute Meal!" Throwdown! - Vote ***

***Vote - BBQ Brethren "30 Minute Meal!" Throwdown! Vote***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I cant believe you can do this in 30 min Amazing meals here This will take a while to digest :grin: to decide who to vote for

To jwtseng and DerHusker.

Are you guys using a filter lens on the camera or doing post processing in photoshop.

Shots look great. Looks like you two use the same filter or processing.

Hey Bob W...

I don't do anything special to my photos...no photoshop and no time. However, in the last month or so I have gone from taking pics almost exclusively with my iPhone (back) to using a Canon 60D DSLR. Also in the last few weeks, I got a new macro lens (Canon 100mm f2.8 USM) off ebay that came with a circular polarizer filter (better glass). The trusty old tripod has also come back into regular use (better focus). Finally, the thing that has improved my photo skills the most IMO (besides reading the manual recently) is getting a handle on the whole custom white balance idea and getting away from the auto exposure settings (more accurate and consistent cast and colors from pic to pic). Hope this makes sense, and thank you for the kind words!

To jwtseng and DerHusker.

Are you guys using a filter lens on the camera or doing post processing in photoshop.

Shots look great. Looks like you two use the same filter or processing.
I can't speak for jwtseng but I don't have Photoshop. I just have a uv filter on my camera lens and then do a little clean up editing (nothing major) on Flickr. Things like cropping, brightness, contrast, etc.. These can only clean up elements in photo that are already there but due to my lighting didn't come out as well as the real thing. I don't do anything like effects, whitening, or fixing blemishes. Hope that answers you question.

Hey Bob W...

I don't do anything special to my photos...no photoshop. However, in the last month or so I have gone from taking pics almost exclusively with my iPhone (back) to using a Canon 60D DSLR. Also in the last few weeks, I got a new macro lens (Canon 100mm f2.8 USM) off ebay that came with a circular polarizer filter (better glass). The trusty old tripod has also come back into regular use (better focus). Finally, the thing that has improved my photo skills the most IMO (besides reading the manual recently) is getting a handle on the whole custom white balance idea and getting away from the auto exposure settings (more accurate and consistent cast and colors from pic to pic). Hope this makes sense, and thank you for the kind words!
That f2.8 lens can make a big difference. I'm saving up for one. (Along with everything else on my wish list)

Also I too use a tripod and is the single easiest thing that you can do to improve you picture quality. I also use the live view and delayed shutter release feature (2 seconds) on my camera. I compose the picture on the screen and then touch the screen where I want the camera to focus. It fires 2 seconds later after any vibration I might have caused has stopped.

That f2.8 lens can make a big difference. I'm saving up for one. (Along with everything else on my wish list)

Also I too use a tripod and is the single easiest thing that you can do to improve you picture quality. I also use the live view and delayed shutter release feature (2 seconds) on my camera. I compose the picture on the screen and then touch the screen where I want the camera to focus. It fires 2 seconds later after any vibration I might have caused has stopped.

Amen on the tripod! Good tip on the 2-second delay. Your camera has a touch screen? Nice!

Back