• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I maaaaay be an addict

RacrX

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Whilst waiting for my CG 980 to arrive, I came across a barely-used Pit Boss pro series for $200…and thought why not? For capacity, you know. [emoji23]

I figure at the very least, I can do a cook-off between the expensive IVS, the pellet, the gravity, and the trusty kettle…so look for that soon.

Nothing like asking a bunch of grill addicts if you’re an addict!

The updated outdoor kitchen/collection:

912a9e802d712f09fee7377101f61391.jpg

22e2a2009c8ca314ba53879cc174cfeb.jpg

c35f8631b40696caa58cd43ce4e3f19e.jpg

ae503ffee5a5124a796bf8dddb599fb6.jpg

NOPE!!!

Yer doin’ juuuuuust fine!

You realize your an alcoholic at AA, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You're doing fine... after all, your signature indicates "former gear", whatever that means? :biggrin:

You're getting closer to having enough cookers! :thumb:

Na, I'd say you're doing fine, but like others have said it's like asking a bunch of alcoholics if you drink too much. Don't think you'll find a lot of dissenting opinions.

I'd be curious to see the cookoff between them all. I think I'd secretly be pulling for that beast of an IVS to win. It looks like it's seen some things :) How old is it?

Na, I'd say you're doing fine, but like others have said it's like asking a bunch of alcoholics if you drink too much. Don't think you'll find a lot of dissenting opinions.

I'd be curious to see the cookoff between them all. I think I'd secretly be pulling for that beast of an IVS to win. It looks like it's seen some things :) How old is it?

It's about 6 years old and has done a LOT of cooks...but still in perfect shape and going strong despite the need for a clean-up!

Coming tomorrow night: The pork rib cook-off. IVS vs. Pellet vs. gravity feed. Any friendly wagers on the winner?

Coming tomorrow night: The pork rib cook-off. IVS vs. Pellet vs. gravity feed. Any friendly wagers on the winner?

This is gonna be fun! Taste being so subjective, it’s anyone’s guess. If your peeps like a nice heavier smoke profile, I think the IVS will pull ahead. If a nice charcoal flavor, I think the gravity fed and if a nice light woodsy flavor I think it’ll go to pellets. I am guessing that the pellet will come out in first place in the moisture category. Could be wrong about it all, but these are my guesses :)

You can’t be an addict without a uds! How can do a rib cook off without ribs hanging in a barrel?? :p

All kidding aside, I’m quite interested in the results of your cook off…

Last edited:
You can’t be an addict without a uds! How can do a rib cook off without ribs hanging in a barrel?? :p

All kidding aside, I’m quite interested in the results of your cook off…

Ha! I’m out of room…

Smokers ready to go, comparo post up tomorrow night:

94e9d368d923fc51c05227c2be45bc6c.jpg

Back