UDS build....I want to cry LOL

HuskyJW

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So I bought a brand new...unpainted...unlined drum. After reading about a rust inhibitor. I decided to call them. "YES....they do have that."

Un-fricking-believable. Just called a sandblaster and he wanted over $100...so thats out.

I assume the rust inhibitor is all over the drum. What is my option now? Do i buy a torch and burn the buh-geezus out if this thing? Get a wire brush i assume as well.

If i stick my head in the drum there is a "chemical" smell....so that is what tipped me off to do research about this rust inhibitor. Thank you in advance as I am just disppointed rght now.

Just do a burn in it with something like a pallet (not the lid) and wire brush it out. Don't burn the lid because it will warp.

Put your intakes in it, bust up a few pallets and burn baby burn.

Call other sandblast places. I got numbers all over the map before I found a guy willing to do it for $20.

I called them back and she talked to her manager and said that she was wrong and the new unpainted and unlined drums do not have the rust inhibitor.

This is for my brother so I am going to go with that.

If it has a Epoxy-Phenolic Lining all of it must be removed. A royal pain in the rump roast. The time and effort you will spend hacking away at this is simply not worth it in my opinion. Reboot and purchase a WSM is my suggestion.

Good luck,

Back