Need help with Stoker

P

pens92

Hi all, I just bought a stoker for my Primo oval. Has anybody hooked it up wirelessly on a network or just with the Ethernet cable any help would be great. thanks Don

I don't have one, but would like to. I'm sure someone here will be able to help.

links wireless router set up ip .. and dowlnoad software to laptop .. boom stoker log up and running call john if you are stuck hes a great guy

But is the stoker still plugged into the router with Ethernet cable you just use the laptop to access the stokers ip address???

yes with Ethernet cable from stoker to router

I have mine setup the same way. I use a regular Linksys wireless router from Best Buy, plug the Stoker into any of the ethernet ports, and use Wi-Fi on my laptop to connect to the Stoker. I would also recommend downloading Amir's Stoker Log program. Here is a Google link to help you find the software on another forum:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Stokerlog+Version+6&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

Best of luck.

i gots me a stoker:cool:and love it. haven't bought a wireless router yet.
visit ther virtual weber bulletin board forums. there is one for automatic temp control systems. the guy who designed stokerlog posts there. great guy, has helped me out a TON.
there is also a post with about 5 how to videos on using and setting up the stoker. in various configurations. again, helped a TON.

I love my stoker. I don't have it set up wireless though. Sends me texts or emails every 15 min. Go about your business & just read the texts to keep an eye on it.

I love my Stoker too. I had it hooked up wirelessly with a linksys bridge, but had alot of issues with temperature and dropped connections. If it got over 80 or below 40, the bridge would drop the connection. I kept it in the shade when hot, and I do keep the stoker warm with a heating pad if it's below 30-40, and the bridge still drops off. I pulled a long wire, and connectivity is now great!

Back