• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Baby Backs on the Akorn

Decoy205

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
First time doing baby backs on the Akorn and it they turned out great! The smoke flavor was more mild then the WSM mini but still nice. They were super tender.

Got it locked in at 275 took about 3 hours, on to the pronz:

How did you place your chunks of wood over the lump? How many fist size chunks did you use? This will determine how much or less of smoke you will get.

Thanks everyone. Really enjoying using the Akorn so far. It locks into temp pretty quickly you just have to watch how long you keep it open or the coals get too much air and it shoots up. But overall cooks great.

How did you place your chunks of wood over the lump? How many fist size chunks did you use? This will determine how much or less of smoke you will get.

That may be the issue as I was finishing a bag of apple and only had one big chunk and a bunch of chips.

Those look outstanding Decoy! Nicest looking ribs that I've seen in a long time. Thanks for the post!

Wow. Those look absolutely amazing! I'd say you nailed it! :clap2::clap2:

Really nice ribs..Makes me want some.. What rub? What wood?
DanB

It was a homeade simple rub I made. It's brown sugar and cayanne based the sugars mostly melt away and your left with a nice mellow heat from the cayanne. I used a little seasoned salt first before the rub. And used whatever cowboy lump left over from last time and added royal oak and apple wood for smoke.

Back