Discussion Thread -> **Special**"2016 Pork Tenderloin Master!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new August Special TD category is..."2016 Pork Tenderloin Master!"

5-12.1.2011+Pork+Tenderloin+Searing.JPG

MASTER'S CUT CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING

1. Your entry must consist of Pork Tenderloin as a primary feature.

2. You must cook the cut of meat using a charcoal and/or wood fired grill or smoker, or over an open wood fire.

3. Only one entry may be submitted per person.

4. You must submit at least one photo of your cut of meat in raw form, another one while it is on the cooker (note it does not still have to be in whole form while cooking), and at least one photo of your completed dish. You can submit other photos if you wish, but you must include these 3 to showcase the piece of meat, how you're cooking it, and the result. In other words, your entry will include 3 photos, not one. You are encouraged to post your full cook thread in QT, and link back here to this entry thread, but you MUST include these three photos in this entry thread. Here is an example from a previous Master's Cut TD Vote thread:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=101743

5. No sides are allowed. You may however dress your dish with other (edible) items to pull the dish together into one specific entree. For example, with a short rib you could make a bed of salad greens, topped with sliced short rib, and dressed with other foods. However, a short rib or short ribs with a baked potato and/or asparagus on the side is not allowed. The entree you create must stand on its own.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 7/29/16 through the entry submission deadline of 12pm (NOON), Central US Time on Monday 8/29/16.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday 8/29/16

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Oh man. I just got a whole pork loin and cut it into 4 different sections and put it in the freezer!! I'm ready for this Throwdown!!

Is tenderloin different than a pork loin? or is it the same kind of meat? I'm not very savvy when it comes to pork cuts.

Started my cook today before I knew about this, so I don't have a before pic. Oh well, next time!

Started my cook today before I knew about this, so I don't have a before pic. Oh well, next time!

This one lasts a month so you have plenty of time to cook another one!

sorry Keith, dads is right, but you've still got lots of time to enter. Loins looked great btw :thumb:

I usually would just grill a pork tenderloin on the gasser,, but the rules said charcoal or wood fire. I really didn't feel like firing up the cabinet for two small pieces of meat and an hours worth of cooking, so, I improvised...

You can see the cook thread HERE.

Please accept the following as my entry:

Raw:

21437EA9-2B40-43C9-9DF6-B08B88BCBD83_zpsu4ievjsg.jpg

On the smoker?:

BE4C9480-57AE-4CCF-8E26-9DB4A17D1934_zpsfp1qnnld.jpg

Resting:

582CCE06-2241-4B1C-B09E-44F53777A92B_zpsskeyrl07.jpg

Sliced and ready to eat:

2AD5D9D3-F777-4110-8F95-CFB4279877E1_zpsxh5rbc23.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Please accept this as my official entry.
Tenderloins marinated overnight in Baja Citrus Marinade. Cooked in 1280 sq in COS with charcoal briquettes and cherry chips for flavor.

Fresh from the pack
20160819_114649.jpg

Marinated over night in Baja Citrus Marinade
IMG_3306.jpg

Freshly placed in the offset. (Pay no attention to spare ribs in the background..)
IMG_3310.jpg

Fresh out of the offset. Please use this image for judging.
IMG_3320.jpg

Mighty fine eats!
IMG_3322.jpg

Folks, just a quick reminder - the rules for this and any future Master's cut throwdown are a bit different than our usual throwdowns as it relates to entry photos:

4. You must submit at least one photo of your cut of meat in raw form, another one while it is on the cooker (note it does not still have to be in whole form while cooking), and at least one photo of your completed dish. You can submit other photos if you wish, but you must include these 3 to showcase the piece of meat, how you're cooking it, and the result. In other words, your entry will include 3 photos, not one. You are encouraged to post your full cook thread in QT, and link back here to this entry thread, but you MUST include these three photos in this entry thread. Here is an example from a previous Master's Cut TD Vote thread:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=101743

ORSmoker's entry meets these criteria, though he asked that his last photo be used for polling, so I didn't want anyone to confuse this with our usual throwdowns where we judge a single photo, instead of the three that we use for this and any Master's cut throwdowns moving FW. Also, if you are including more than three photos in your entry, please make sure you specify which 3 photos you want to be used for judging.

Thanks!

Can the raw form include the seasoning/rub/marinade or just naked?

The way I read the rule, it doesn't specify whether raw means without seasoning or not, so it's OK either way and really boils down to personal interpretation.

Last edited:
Back