Cable Thermometers - Who Makes Them With Braided Cable?

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
I'm down to 2 cable thermometers that are operating, but looking around I can't find ones like mine with the metal braided cable. Any ideas what brands still offer that style.

Or are any of you having good luck with the silicone coated ones??

Brookstone has some for their wireless remote thermo. I have used them on numerous other thermos since with no problem. We have a store in a local mall which makes it easy to grab in person or online.

I have both silicone and braided cables.
I put about 2 inches of heat shrink tubing over the cable to probe joint.
Seals out the water and reinforces the joint.

Stopped my failures totally.

TIM

I have both silicone and braided cables.
I put about 2 inches of heat shrink tubing over the cable to probe joint.
Seals out the water and reinforces the joint.

Stopped my failures totally.

TIM

Now that's a good idea. Just any ol shrink tubing or is there a special high heat type?

KP

What brand are the ones you currently have?

Mine are TelTru, but they look exactly like a Taylor model. They are the ones not showing numerals.

DSC01439a.jpg

I got mine from ThermoWorks. I like that I can get a replacement probe for them. I ordered an extra when I got mine. Also they have good instructions that explain what not to do with them. Making it easier to keep them in working order. I have a couple of the tru temp like yours and the probes from the thermoworks fits them. They read 7 degrees different on the one that I checked. I think the replacement probe was $8.00. I was using mine to hot and burning them up.They are only rated to 392 degrees, I found out too late.

I got mine from ThermoWorks. I like that I can get a replacement probe for them. I ordered an extra when I got mine. Also they have good instructions that explain what not to do with them. Making it easier to keep them in working order. I have a couple of the tru temp like yours and the probes from the thermoworks fits them. They read 7 degrees different on the one that I checked. I think the replacement probe was $8.00. I was using mine to hot and burning them up.They are only rated to 392 degrees, I found out too late.

I agree the Thermoworks TW8060 Two-Channel is my choice as well.

I only wish I had wireless capabilities with it.

I am using the TW362B it is $19.00 on their web site and is close to the trutemp in size and function. The TW8060 I can't afford that one but it looks awesome!

I agree the Thermoworks TW8060 Two-Channel is my choice as well.

I only wish I had wireless capabilities with it.

I am using the TW362B it is $19.00 on their web site and is close to the trutemp in size and function. The TW8060 I can't afford that one but it looks awesome!

I was just looking at both of those.... the 362B is on sale for two for $30, and the 8060 has some cool features.

Back