I am devastated-words hurt

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
So last night my bride and I are sitting on the patio when she says these heart crushing words "while playing golf yesterday there were people cooking out and the smoke had the best aroma Ive ever smelled". I know the house, I've seen the hickory sack. I've always used pecan (except when seasoning a cooker).
Maybe she was just hungry. Maybe I shouldn't take it personally. Maybe Ill go buy some hickory chunks. I have to decide if I'd rather be happy-or right.

Big%20girl%20Panties.jpg

Sometimes the smell of something different can trigger the senses...

If all you ever ate was steak, the smell of chicken or pork cooking could be a welcome change to the senses.

Try some hickory, try some apple, even try some cherry they might surprise you. Also a few sprigs of fresh herbs, slices of apple, pear, or onion in the coals will make a great aroma and impart additional flavors...

The problem is we lock ourselves into a closed mindset as to what we thing is best, when something different comes along it can be a welcome change to our closed thought process.

16 I feel your pain! All those years..... I would be devastated! I know you can over come this, and win her back! Now light your pit and show her what your made of!

And if that doesn't work, ask the neighbor his secret....:thumb:

So last night my bride and I are sitting on the patio when she says these heart crushing words "while playing golf yesterday there were people cooking out and the smoke had the best aroma Ive ever smelled". I know the house, I've seen the hickory sack. I've always used pecan (except when seasoning a cooker).
Maybe she was just hungry. Maybe I shouldn't take it personally. Maybe Ill go buy some hickory chunks. I have to decide if I'd rather be happy-or right.

How did you shoot?

Everyone has a favorite; hers seems to be for hickory...

I will say this: have you ever been to a competition, at about daybreak. The smell is something that has yet to be bottled; much better than bacon. Perhaps it was this smell that she found intoxicating.

I would respond but i'm not sure if this is real :twitch::pound::pound:

But seriously, dont let that bother you hell try hickory never know if you might like it :thumb:

I use pecan for everything. Last night I was cooking pork so I added apple and cherry chunks to the pecan. My wife came outside and just stood their grinning. After a few seconds she said it smells amazing...is the food already on? The food was still in the fridge. So it seems new wood gets them really excited.:shock:

Get some mesquite and the best aroma in the world will be in your own backyard.

Back