Has Anyone Tried?

jeffreywp1

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Has anyone tried smoked chuckie chili? Im making pepper stout beef and was thinking this would be a good method for producing chili. Does anyone have a recipe?

Do it all the time. Just use your favorite chili recipe, with the chuck instead of whatever meat you usually use. That simple.

Do it all the time. Just use your favorite chili recipe, with the chuck instead of whatever meat you usually use. That simple.

I mean starting it off in the smoker whole then sheading it into chili. Is that what you do?

As Ron mentioned, I will do the same. I usually take whatever vacuum sealed meat I have leftover from large cooks which is usually brisket, but I have done the same with "shredded beef" from a chuck roast for tacos, so yeah it should work just peachy and add a flavor and texture to the chili that ground beef doesn't.

I often make chili with leftover smoked chuck, or brisket. I just make my usual chili recipe, then chunk up the meat and add to the mix. If I have any liquid from the meat I add that too.

do it

I have done it with some left over brisket. All I could say was wow!!

I mean starting it off in the smoker whole then sheading it into chili. Is that what you do?
Yes, I have done a chuck roast in the smoker specifically to make chili. Mostly though, use leftover chuck or brisket to make chili.
Pulled pork works great too.

I smoke it for a few hours and pull it.. I just want a hint of smoke then I cube it drop it in and let it run till the beans are done.. which usually gets the chuck to shred. I get nothing but compliments so long as I dont make the hotter version. Try it you will love it!

Back