Importing Concession Trailer into Canada

Reignman

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hi all. Just wondering if anyone has experience or could share some insights on importing a concession trailer from the USA into Canada.

Is it similar to importing a vehicle? Pricing for a used trailer is a heckuva lot cheaper down south but I'm not sure if that savings gets eaten up with duty and taxes and fees when bringing back.

Thanks for the help,
R.

In my dealings up north we've found that using a broker in the states reduced the tariff amount quite a bit. Not sure about a titled vehicle but when selling my smokers that method worked best rather than paying after it went through the border. Good luck. Steve.

If you follow Diva Q on Facebook, she just bought a trailer in North Carolina and brought it back to Canada. I'm sure you could send her a Facebook or twitter message and she'd respond.

I was just talking to her about that yesterday (she was in Brooklyn). She told me it was cheaper to buy a new one in the US and pay the taxes and fees. Ditto what cpw said...put BBQ Brethren in the title of your message, she should get back to you.

We have done a few for Canadian customers and there are guidelines to even the construction and electrical that has to be approved. Before you have one built please make sure you have the correct specs for your area.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the insights and I'll definitely give Danielle a shout. I'm in the research stage and just want to make sure I have my ducks in a row before pursuing further.

I have a few buddies that bring bikes, trailers, sleds and vehicles back. A broker will rape and pillage you, just make sure it meets standards and the paper work is forwarded to the boarder before you try cross

Back