Cooking Class BBQ Boot Camp, Comp 101

Qbert60

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Some pretty exciting news. I am lucky enough to team with some elite cooks to present a tell all BBQ class on March 18th. This will take place at Triple Play BBQ in Franklin Indiana. Cost of the class is $350, $250 for a teammate, and $150 for spouse. This is a 1 day class starting at 7am sharp and concluding around 5pm.

I think the lineup is amazing!!!
James Tindell (Big JTs Smokin BBQ) - All things Brisket
Bill Maegerlein (Thunder Hog BBQ) - All things Ribs
Jim Goodrich-Miller (Firehouse Smoke) - All things Chicken
Bert Skippy McLain (PB&Js BBQ) - All things Pork
And special guest Jeff C Sharp!!! - Talking competition mindset and dropping knowledge bombs throughout the class.

We would be humbled to have you join us. Flyer is attached.

Attachments

• Competition BBQ Boot Camp 1 day class.pdf
    377.4 KB · Views: 67
BUMP

26 Grand Championships, 13 Reserve's, 299 top 10 calls, 23 180's, 2 Jack Qualifiers, 7 700 club, and more.

Lunch from Triple play will be served and the goodie bags are taking shape!

Question from the rookie section.

Qbert60 or anyone else here involved with this BBQ Boot Camp. Does each presenter take turns giving their presentation so that the attendee here's from them all or does the attendee go around to each presenter that interests the attendee? Any other info would be appreciated. I am interested but would like more info. Thanks

Qbert60 or anyone else here involved with this BBQ Boot Camp. Does each presenter take turns giving their presentation so that the attendee here's from them all or does the attendee go around to each presenter that interests the attendee? Any other info would be appreciated. I am interested but would like more info. Thanks

Each presenter will teach their category one at a time. They will show everyone their complete process from start to finish. Including the turn in presentations. All questions will be answered.

We are going to run this very close to a comp timeline. You will get all the information regarding recipes, timelines, techniques, and presentation. We will start with the big meats and those go on the cookers, then move to the small meats. Once those are done, the big meats should be ready or close to ready to wrap. We will show you that process as well. We will break for lunch, then come back to the smaller meats. Hopefully that helps.

Hey Qbert I am interested in this, about how long would you say the drive is from here to there?

Hey Qbert I am interested in this, about how long would you say the drive is from here to there?

I live in Dearborn and the last time I went there is was just over 4 hours. I took 75 to 24 into Indiana then down 69. Simple drive.

BUMP.

2 weeks until the deadline and there are still spots remaining. This is a tell all class. Nothing will be held back. We are cooking on a Jambo and 2 Gateway Drum Smokers. Please let me know if you have any questions!

This is a great TELL ALL class for a great price!! If you're looking to up your game this season this is a great chance to do just that.

Back