• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

IN PROGRESS: Discussion Thread -> "I'd Hit That!" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"I'd Hit That!"

BobBrisket.jpg

This was BobBrisket's Winning Entry in the 2009 Taco Throwdown.

As chosen by BobBrisket for winning the "Chorizo"Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

BobBrisket said:
I liked Gore's idea. Let's do an I'd Hit That! TD. Category is open to FOOD! Yes, food is a special rule! :becky: Maybe this will open it up for more to enter and they can make muffins, pumpkins, garlic, onions, fried, smoked, baked, chicken fried or even cook up guinea pigs, or share a meal with Fido. :biggrin1:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/17 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 10/27/14.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 10/27.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

***The below disclaimer is intended to prevent any and all douchebags from committing any and all forms of douchebaggery in the wrong place. BE ADVISED***

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Last edited:
Gheesh Bob, haven't you figured out by now that if Gore suggested it, then it's probably a really stupid idea. I never listen to that farker. He always leads me astray.

Is it too late to suggest something else? Mods, a little help here for the noob who picked this category. He obviously hasn't been with us very long.

Kathy's entry should be interesting. Brownies, anyone?

Last edited:
Gheesh Bob, haven't you figured out by now that if Gore suggested it, then it's probably a really stupid idea. I never listen to that farker. He always leads me astray.

Is it too late to suggest something else? Mods, a little help here for the noob who picked this category. He obviously hasn't been with us very long.

I'd hit that! :thumb:

These special rules keep getting more and more complicated. :tsk:

Let me see if I have the gist of it. If I make an entry Bob has to chime in and state "I'd hit that" to validate that the entry conforms to the special rule herein set forth. Any entry which Bob does not state "I'd hit that" is then deemed to not conform with said special rule and awarded the coveted Dilly Bar.

Sounds simple enough, I guess it isn't that complicated after all. :becky:

These special rules keep getting more and more complicated. :tsk:

Let me see if I have the gist of it. If I make an entry Bob has to chime in and state "I'd hit that" to validate that the entry conforms to the special rule herein set forth. Any entry which Bob does not state "I'd hit that" is then deemed to not conform with said special rule and awarded the coveted Dilly Bar.

Sounds simple enough, I guess it isn't that complicated after all. :becky:

Hmmm. I think you are on to something here...perhaps we should consider this for all TD's moving FW.

:mrgreen:

OK, I'm off to the store to get a screwdriver. Looks like I'll need that so I can find out where to insert more pellets on the Optigrill. I suspect the filters need changing too. I don't think anyone's every changed them before and I suspect they're really dirty, as they've absorbed a lot of smoke over the years.

OK, I'm off to the store to get a screwdriver. Looks like I'll need that so I can find out where to insert more pellets on the Optigrill. I suspect the filters need changing too. I don't think anyone's every changed them before and I suspect they're really dirty, as they've absorbed a lot of smoke over the years.

:pop2:

OK, I did find out some information. This Optigrill is nearly 20 years old :shock:. The grill function is highly advanced. Unfortunately, the customer support is a bit lacking. I cannot locate a manual, but there were some discussions on the web that provided some interesting information. For instance, at this website

http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/6ucke-optigrill-function-does-differ.html

there was this comment from an appliance expert -- he was even identified as such :nod: :

"Hi, Optigrill is no different from any microwave/grill combination on the market, except for its low quality manufacture and complete lack of customer support. In my experience,any major brand of microwave/grill would be a better investment. Hope this helps, let me know if I can help you further. ed"

Notice that this expert refers to this as a microwave/GRILL combination. An appliance expert would definitely not confuse this as anything but a grill. :thumb:

Here is a diagram showing how the smoke filter is changed. In the bottom right panel, you can see that the filter goes in the top. Unfortunately, I'm not able to locate the filters online -- stupid customer support. That expert sure knew what he was talking about. :tsk:

2012-06-29_201811_untitled.jpg

I'm hoping Bob hits mine. It could be like that scene in American Pie!

giphy.gif

Back