Fatty Problems

Ribeye Republic

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Attempted my first fatty today. Pizza sauce, pepperoni, and cheese. Well first, how do you get the sausage to roll. It stuck to foil and I switched to wax paper and it was a little better. Next came the problem of trying to get everything to stay put. Finally put it on the Hasty and when it started cooking the sausage started splitting and a lot of cheese is oozing out. No bacon wrap on this one.

PLEASE HELP.

It sounds like you may have rolled the sausage too thin, and overstuffed. Keep trying.

Put the chub in a gallon Ziplock...........

MollysBdayJuly2012Pt2014.jpg

Roll out even...........

MollysBdayJuly2012Pt2017.jpg

Chill it down ( I use the freezer)

Cut a couple sides of the bag, peel back & start adding your goods...............

MollysBdayJuly2012Pt2019.jpg

Wet ingredients tend to explode even if you're not overloaded.....add a little Panko crumbs or the like to stiffen the wet stuff up a bit......roll......put back in freezer or fridge for awhile 'till it's set up a bit, then cook..........

Go way hot, risk a blowout......this is about 250~260....skewers are because the bacon flatly refused to cooperate........

MollysBdayJuly2012Pt2033.jpg

Bingo....close enough.....

MollysBdayJuly2012Pt2037.jpg

I learned everything I needed to know about "stuffed fatty's" and the bacon weave from Cowgirl's blog. I still over stuffed my first fatty. Live and learn...

Back