Summertime Smoked Chicken Salad

JMSetzler

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Summertime Smoked Chicken Salad

20110614_cs_0229.JPG

I started out with a 5lb chicken and sprayed it down with extra virgin olive oil and seasoned it with salt and pepper...

20110614_cs_0235.JPG

I tossed it on the WSM along with some moink balls and let it cook until the internal temp in the thigh was just over 170 degrees...

20110614_cs_0237.JPG

I separated the light meat from the dark and ran the dark meat through my meat grinder...

20110614_cs_0238.JPG

I cut the white meat into cube chunks...

20110614_cs_0239.JPG

I squeezed the juice of one lemon over the chicken, added parsley, chives, garlic powder, salt, and pepper along with enough mayo to get the chicken salad to the consistency I perfer...

20110614_cs_0240.JPG

I mixed it all up and put it in a container and let it sit in the fridge overnight...

20110614_cs_2519.JPG

Money shot...

Today for lunch, I served myself a chicken salad sandwich on french bread with a healthy dose of Cool Ranch Doritos and a glass of my homebrewed Hefeweizen...

Once again, thanks to all ye farkers for helping me get started in the world of low and slow with charcoal :)

** cross posted from the summertime throwdown thread **

I love chicken salad.
I love smoked chicken.

:doh:

Why didn't I think of this?

Great recipe JM!

The smoke on this chicken is just about perfect. I only put two chunks of hickory in the WSM. The seasonings and lemon juice come through nicely and don't overpower the smoke, while the smoke isn't overpowering anything either...

That looks fantastic JM! Thanks for the post. :thumb:

JM, we spatched a yardbird Sunday and doing chicken salad with the leftovers tonight. Goooood stuff. Like the way you prepared your. Looks great!!!

I guess chicken salad is kinda like meatloaf... you can put whatever you want in it :)

Yum! I have to try this. I love chicken salad and never thought to do it that way thanks!

I hate chicken salad, I mean HATE! I have got to try it your way, it friggin' sounds and looks fantastic. ISYN.

Back