Rotisserie Set Up - Chargriller Outlaw

Pig Daddy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I recently received a rotisserie for my Chargriller Outlaw, but have not used one with a charcoal grill before. :tape: Can anyone share their set-up with me (particulalrly if you have a Chargriller)? Do you use a drip pan directly under the meat and place charcoal parrallel or pependicular to the skewer? Or do you place Charcoal directly under the meat? Pics would be helpful. Thank you!

Here's my Weber set-up with a turkey. Pretty much this for everything I rotisserie. :cool:

MrTurkey.jpg

I also have a char-griller outlaw and rotissere.

I use indirect heat with the coals at one end and the bird at the other end. I put the legs/thighs closer to the coals.

I put a drip pan under the bird.

I put the coals in a charcoal basket and near the end of the cook I remove the drip pan and slide the coals under the bird to crisp up the skin.

i have my coals on the side but you can put them on the bottom. i put my coals only on one side and i set it up so that the top of the meat is going towards the coals.

IMG_0129-1.jpg

I have a Chargriller smokin pro with a rotisserie. It's sweet. Nice crispy even chicken in no time. But I prefer to spatchcock than mess with the setup and cleanup sometimes.

Back