• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

tri tip sandwiches

allboy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Did some really tasty tri tip last night. Anyone have a good sandwich recommendation??

Did some really tasty tri tip last night. Anyone have a good sandwich recommendation??

Throw some chimichurri on it with lettuce and tomato on a brioche bun.

Or you could go panini. Pepper jack cheese, sriracha mayo, roasted red peppers on ciabatta then throw it on a panini press.

I usually make the following sauce when I make Tri-Tip:

Habanero Lime Garlic Crema
Time: 10 minutes

- 1/4 cup sour cream or Mexican crema agria ("agria" meaning sour)
- 2 Tablespoons to 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (stems included) depending on how much cilantro flavor you like (optional if you hate cilantro of course)
- 2 Tablespoons mayo
- 1 habanero, rough chopped (habis, as they're affectionately called in our house, are VERY hot. If VERY hot is not your thing, you might try using just an eighth or quarter of the pepper to start.)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (about 1 very small clove)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (optional) Zap everything in a blender for 20 to 30 seconds. Donezo!

http://chezshinae.blogspot.com/2014/01/habanero-lime-garlic-crema.html

The next day, I spread some of that crema on a nice crusty bread like Sourdough, add several thin slices of cold Tri-Tip, ok, a lot of slices, and some Jack cheese, and I am good...

Made the below Tri Tip sandwich for a throwdown and it was really good.

Assembly: bottom brioche bun, horseradish sauce, artisan lettuce, TT piled high, melted provolone on top bun.

S9B5TkCh.png

I like green chilie and pepper jack with some spicy mustard on a nice bun

note: traditional is garlic toasted roll, but I mix it up

Thanks for all the great ideas. I decided to go simple till my next tri tip. I did sriracha mayo on a ciabatta bun with pepper jack. Damit, I forgot the horse radish. Finding the grain on those tri tips can be a challenge.

Tri-tip is so delicious, it doesn't need much. Too many adders, just hide the flavor. Quality bun, and see if you can locate some of this...it is a match made in heaven.

30409277655_c3b36f14a8_c.jpg

Thanks for all the great ideas. I decided to go simple till my next tri tip. I did sriracha mayo on a ciabatta bun with pepper jack. Damit, I forgot the horse radish. Finding the grain on those tri tips can be a challenge.

Yeah, there are three different grains to look for:

SliceTriTip_zpsa93b7cdd.jpg

I usually cut it into two pieces along the black line above, and then slice it against the grains (white lines). I always slice it thin and at a slight bias. Makes for really short grain tubes and easy to chew meat.

I love Tri-Tip as I can give my wife slices from the narrow point (bottom left) and she gets her medium meat. The further I slice up the hunk of meat, the more rare it gets which makes me happy... :mrgreen:

I like a King's Hawaiian hamburger bun, tri-tip and some horseradish sauce

Some times I will reheat the tri-tip in a mix of worchestershire bbq and steak sauce... then add some extra sharp shredded cheddar on some French or sourdough rolls topped with grilled asparagus

I liked where you were going until asparagus serious?

Back