Sometimes simple is best

Can these be marinated in the Italian dressing and then smoked ? Maybe a stupid question -- But seems like they are always grilled. Just wondering. Also any favorite brand of dressing used ? Thanks !

Absolutely they can be smoked after marinating. Most people like the char and crispiness that grilling does (Maillard Reaction) and thus why chicken is mostly grilled.

I see Newman's Own dressings recommended alot but I've had success with many different ones including Kroger store branded dressing

Experiment with different things and post you're results on here. That's the fun of outdoor cooking!

Can these be marinated in the Italian dressing and then smoked ? Maybe a stupid question -- But seems like they are always grilled. Just wondering. Also any favorite brand of dressing used ? Thanks !
Yes sir! People do it all the time. back in the day, it was the preferred marinating liquid for competitions. As was already mentioned, a lot of people like the car flavor grilling provides. Both methods are tasty:grin:

Heck yeah... bone in thighs are my go-to for a good, comforting meal. Sometimes simply seasoned on a roasting pan with some redskin potatoes and put into a hot oven... yours look great.

Heck yeah... bone in thighs are my go-to for a good, comforting meal. Sometimes simply seasoned on a roasting pan with some redskin potatoes and put into a hot oven... yours look great.

Sounds good to me, when's dinner?!:razz:

Simple is better about 99% of the time. Your thighs be looking some kinda good.

Pro-tip: Next time you do the italian dressing, add a pinch of red pepper flake, some cloves of garlic, and some saffron. Let it marinade for at least 4 hours, better overnights

Pro-tip: Next time you do the italian dressing, add a pinch of red pepper flake, some cloves of garlic, and some saffron. Let it marinade for at least 4 hours, better overnights
Sounds tasty. I made these in a last minute decision, or I would have likely marinated longer. Either way, good eats!

Back