Spicy Maple Butter Glazed Spares

TheWolfePit

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I've been making this Spicy Maple Butter Glaze a lot.....but I was sent some homemade maple syrup from Pettisville Ohio....I thought all maple syrup came from Vermont!! LOL Anyways, this stuff was the real deal and made this version of this sauce the best I've ever made. Reduced down to almost like a caramel. Amazing stuff!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-LxnlD1UyM"]How To Make BBQ Pork Spare Ribs with Spicy Maple Butter Glaze - YouTube[/ame]

That looks delicious! How well does the maple syrup go with the pork? I usually make my ribs really spicy. I have a combination of spicy rubs that I mix together to create one spicy rub that I put on heavy after my normal rub I put on. Plus my bbq sauce is spicy as well so I could add more cayanne to the recipe u have above. If the maple goes well with ribs as a sweet factor that may be the last thing I need to balance my ribs our cuz right Now I make them and it's spicy followed by spicier, followed with more spicy. I've tried honey and brown sugar to add a sweetness to my ribs but I never can taste it so I don't use it anymore.

That looks delicious! How well does the maple syrup go with the pork? I usually make my ribs really spicy. I have a combination of spicy rubs that I mix together to create one spicy rub that I put on heavy after my normal rub I put on. Plus my bbq sauce is spicy as well so I could add more cayanne to the recipe u have above. If the maple goes well with ribs as a sweet factor that may be the last thing I need to balance my ribs our cuz right Now I make them and it's spicy followed by spicier, followed with more spicy. I've tried honey and brown sugar to add a sweetness to my ribs but I never can taste it so I don't use it anymore.

I thought the maple flavor went great and was very flavorful in the finished product. If you're losing the flavor of the honey and brown sugar, it may help to add a little at the very end of the cook. Some flavors will dissipate after they're cooked a long time. YES, if you like things real spicy you will definitely want to add more cayenne. The amount I used seems to be a great balance of heat and sweet without being too hot. Thanks for watching!

I thought the maple flavor went great and was very flavorful in the finished product. If you're losing the flavor of the honey and brown sugar, it may help to add a little at the very end of the cook. Some flavors will dissipate after they're cooked a long time. YES, if you like things real spicy you will definitely want to add more cayenne. The amount I used seems to be a great balance of heat and sweet without being too hot. Thanks for watching!

Maybe I will try honey towards the end, I've tried brown sugar at the end before and it seemed to harden the bark too much. Honey might work towards the end though, I'm also gonna give this maple butter a try. It looks really good.

Back