First Brisket

LarryO1947

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
6:00 AM and brisket is on. Let the fun begin.....more prOn,later. On my GMG,Daniel Boone,set to 250*.

picture.php

Still unsure on the wrap. Might have to flip a coin,later....lol.

Your stomach may win out and wanna eat by dinner. Lol

If you wrap at noon then your brisket should be done by 2pmish...then you can keep it in a cooler filled with towels until it is time to eat. Afraid at 250 you won't be done by dinner without the wrap.

Your stomach may win out and wanna eat by dinner. Lol

If you wrap at noon then your brisket should be done by 2pmish...then you can keep it in a cooler filled with towels until it is time to eat. Afraid at 250 you won't be done by dinner without the wrap.

Thanks. I really appreciate the advise. Sounds like a winner.

Still unsure on the wrap. Might have to flip a coin,later....lol.

Yeah, watch your time and the bark color. If it being stubborn, or the bark is getting too dark then wrap. I would much rather have it done early and resting in a cooler than be waiting for dinner

Yeah, watch your time and the bark color. If it being stubborn, or the bark is getting too dark then wrap. I would much rather have it done early and resting in a cooler than be waiting for dinner

When I like the bark,and it's not to dark,should I check the temp,or just wrap??

When I like the bark,and it's not to dark,should I check the temp,or just wrap??

I never check temp :-D But I've cooked a few :becky:

You can check it but it really doesn't matter. The brisket will be done when your probe goes into the thickest part of the flat with little to no resistance. I would start probing at 190 internal but it may not be done until 205 since each brisket is different

Coming along nicely. One thing I do that you may want to consider....

When the brisket starts to pool liquid in low parts I pour it off. Or I put something under the brisket to keep it from happening. I am usually too lazy and just dump it off. Keeps an even bark that way.

Back