Humphreys smokers...

Beentown

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I am in the position of having to buy unseen. I just about have the boot saved to order.

Anyone have pics of the inside of the Weeble? I am in between it and the Battlebox. Probably going to go with the Battlebox.

Any must have add-ons? I will be running a Guru. I want the drop in water pan to keep the most cooking surface.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, can't help you with pictures of the BB, but I will tell you that you won't regret buying sight unseen!

^^^ This. I have the BB with the drop in water pan and couldn't be happier! You won't regret it.

I would go with the BB just because you can cook more in it!! Check out the FB users page, lots of great picture to look at. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1471958859735178/. If you are going to be moving it around over grass and dirt you may want to upgrade to the larger wheels, it'll make moving it around much easier. I also would uprade to the deeper charcoal tray, the standard charcoal tray will get you about 10 hours cooking at 250 with one load of fuel.

Thanks all for the info. The pics I was really looking for was the Weeble especially the interior. No interior pics that I could find.

I am going to build it into an outdoor kitchen so no tires needed. The Weeble would be plenty large since I am keeping my UDS around. But with the little price difference I may as well go with the BB.

I was so close to pulling the trigger on a Pint , shipping cost is hard pill to swallow

Ok, first these aren't mine, they are off the internet, so I can't take any more of them but they should show you the difference in the Weeble and the Battle Box.

Here is the Weeble, note only five shelf slots.

Here is a good shot of a Battle Box, note sixe shelf locations.

The larger firebox people have been recommending should be standard on 2015 models, that is my understanding.

Boston butts and briskets will require skipping a shelf rack.

The battle box actually has 12 rack locations with the drop in water pan, which is pictured above. I believe it's 10 with the slide out pan.

Well they say that because you can put racks in the "inbetween" position, so if it has 6 actual built in sliders, you get 12 positions. When you choose the slide out pan you lose one shelf slider to the pan, so now you are down to 5 sliders and 10 locations, which is what the Weeble has except it has a drop in pan.

Now that I think about with you doing some kind of built in smoker, you might want to think about the air intake. These pictures all show pinwheel intakes on the fron because they are older models. The new 2015 models don't have front intakes and use a larger 2" ball valve intake on the side for both natural drafting and guruing. This should be considered in your planning or talking to Humphrey's on the phone (they have excellent customer service and will happily assist you I am sure)

As others have said:

BB

Add-ons:

Casters
Larger firebox with snake
heat deflector
Stainless drip shield

Something to think about is that you can order the Battle Box with a drop in pan and also get a piece of metal to cover the opening in case you want to run it like a slide out pan model. This is what I do and it works great.

I think the deeper firebox is standard on the 2015 BB's.

Go find the Humphrey's Users Group and ask to be added. Tons of pics, testimonials, questions, suggestions and everything in between. Lot of us willing to give our .02.

I have a DEB and a new BB and I'm very happy with both!

But, great advice above, too!

Back