Live cook: Butt

Wolverine1967

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Folks,kicking off summer vacation with our first Boston Butt of 2015!:clap2:

Will update as the day progrsses. Have a great Sunday, everybody!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 134
Injected this one with grape juice, apple juice, sugar and salt. Rubbed it with brown sugar (whiskey smoked), seasoned salt, cumin, ground mustard, pepper, garlic powder, paprika.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 133
For shadow driver cuz he likes the technology chit. (Enjoy your breakfast!)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 125
For shadow driver cuz he likes the technology chit.

I do!? :shocked: Well.. I mean... I've got one of those fancy Maverick wireless thermometers... Never had something that'll log the progress of my cook on the Interwebs for sharing & later comparison! That's fancy... (and yes... pretty slick)! :idea:

(Enjoy your breakfast!)

Thanks! Momma just came out from "the cave" and asked for Chorizo & Eggs... I need another cuppa before I'm awake enough to get started on that.

My bad. I thought you posted once to an earlier thread and made an impression that you were interested in the temp controller. I could be wrong.... Memory plays tricks on us all.

Chorizo and eggs is a good combo! Good for her that you got that covered!

I could not go 213 days:twitch: without some Pulled Pork 2 weeks is pushin it pretty hard:icon_smile_tongue:

Folks, I'm using my first bag of Wicked Good Charcoal ("Jake's Blend") and find it burns hotter than expected. Was trying to keep pit at 225* - 250* and it slipped up to 275* and is slowly easing its way back down. It's got almost no air as upper vent nearly closed and blower on temp controller hasn't kicked on once since 10:30am (2.5 hours).

I'm totally happy with the WGC but it tends to run away! Gotta adjust for that. I can't close down the pit any further.

Thoughts from the Brethren?

I could not go 213 days:twitch: without some Pulled Pork 2 weeks is pushin it pretty hard:icon_smile_tongue:

Only after cooking it myself did I come to appreciate it. My wife lived in the South for awhile and was pleased when I found out how to cook it.

She bought two butts for this week. Oh darn! :clap2:

171* internal temp

Screenshot from FlameBoss at 3 hrs and 15 mins

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 83
only 8 degee increase in IT in 4 hours?

Yes, weird if you didn't know I moved the probe slightly. :doh:The temp probe made me suspicious when it ran up too fast (4 hours) and when repositioned the IT dropped to something more reasonable for where we were (164*).

See the jagged orange line?

We are closing in on 186* as we speak.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Back