Honest Craigslister or not?

smokin30-06

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/spo/5133826105.html

Notice the pic of the thermometer. It is blurred where it should say Vision.

Texting excerpt:
Me: I have been looking at them briefly. I didn't know they made black ones. Does it have any rust?
Him:No rust. It works great, my wife is going on a mission trip. I'm selling quick to help her raise funds for her trip.

Black color comment ignored...

It's not an egg.

But it could be innocent ignorance. You never know. "pass me the kleenex" kind of thing.

Regards,

Kevin

Obviously not an Egg and NOT even Vision. It look like an Apex kamado.

It could also be a Comet kamado look at it again. Resembles to Comet more.

Definately a Kamado. No green egg there.

Does he know the Model #?

I've seen funny colors in pictures before,.. but I'm pretty sure that is farkin black ... LOL... As black as the floor mats on the ground beside it.

Kevin

Yep he's full o' sh*t.

All I know, is if he tells you he needs your checking account info to deposit money into your account because he is stuck in Kenya, RUUUUUUUN!!

he also suggests "meeting somewhere" to show it

If it were me I would not be offering to haul around that thing just to "show it"

the thermo pic is weird too. Looks like it was done on purpose

I dunno...

Yeah, that add looks suspicious with the thermometer blurred out. I don't think I would risk meeting this person.

Better safe than sorry in these instances.

It's likely stolen. The idiot probably looked it up and found that it looks similar to a BGE...so that is what he is sticking with. I'd stay away, but keep flagging the post as fraudulent.

I Dunno.......... He may of just found it cheap at a Garage Sale and trying to flip for a profit but don't know Smokers/Kamados ????? Some people are scared to have strangers come to their House when selling stuff. If you are in market see if he will meet at a Safe Public place, take a Friend, Cash and a Gun and see if it's worth a chit and make an offer......... :wink:

Back